Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Can’t get the replay to work here either, maybe just not fully uploaded yet? It’s only showing the last 30 seconds of the show.

Seems to work now...I had to scroll back to the beginning of the show (and there's a long delay...the show starts a good 15 minutes in).

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What did yall think of the show? Interesting stuff about Gaines. "Hey Ticket, you ready"

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I loved it, especially the part where he said it was on the coaches if the guys are not doing the things they want them to do out of habit. Loved the inside story on bringing Ticket on board as well. Having a coaches show is great!

"It isn't taught until it's learned."

Also, English telling Gaines the next step in his development is making sure he's doing something with all the minutes he's on the floor and not just existing (I'm going to guess the 0-1 performance against South Dakota State and the fact that he wasn't closing out with hands up on shooters in either of the last two games had something to do with that).

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
"It isn't taught until it's learned."

Also, English telling Gaines the next step in his development is making sure he's doing something with all the minutes he's on the floor and not just existing (I'm going to guess the 0-1 performance against South Dakota State and the fact that he wasn't closing out with hands up on shooters in either of the last two games had something to do with that).
I had actually thought before that game that Ticket was the only player who hadn't had an off night so far this season.

Whoops.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket needs to look for his shot more when he's on the floor. I'd like to see him get more aggressive on the offensive end.
I don’t hate his jumper. Would love to see him work on getting to the rim more and drawing fouls, we need someone besides Oduro who can push that issue and get folks on the other team in foul trouble.

He15man

Starter
I surprised he didn’t mention their penchant for turnovers due to sloppy or reckless passing as a bigger problem. I definitely don’t disagree with anything KE said, but I just couldn’t get over our turnovers and how many of them resulted in easy buckets - esp against Washington.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I surprised he didn’t mention their penchant for turnovers due to sloppy or reckless passing as a bigger problem. I definitely don’t disagree with anything KE said, but I just couldn’t get over our turnovers and how many of them resulted in easy buckets - esp against Washington.

He mentioned struggling against Washington's zone...

Might have been something Bill Rohland asked him about specifically, if he was being bold.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If I recall correctly, when he was talking about not having good habits (or falling onto bad habits) he mentioned something about poor passing.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That was Schwartz

edit: XJ should be our second slasher, but he can't seem to get enough separation (or use the rim enough) to protect his shot from shot blockers right now.
Agreed, X needs to focus more on driving to pass — he can get in the paint and force the defense to collapse, but the prior staff seemed to emphasize getting all the way to the rim instead of dishing for dunks or open 3s.

Now that we’re spacing the floor better and have multiple legit 3-point threats to go with a very talented big man, X’s role should be setting the table for those guys — any points we get from him should be gravy.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Our problem is the defense. Can't leave shooters open and hope they miss.

FreeGunston12

All-American
So check it out — for those of y’all who aren’t social media savvy the way that success in these things is determined is engagement. If you like the level of access we’ve had to the program, the coaches show, better videos/highlights, recruiting insight, all of it, you need to engage with the content. It’s literally as easy as pressing like just like on this site. If you don’t have a Twitter or Facebook, maybe make one so you can take a look at some of the great stuff the program is pumping out. If we don’t engage with it and show that it’s appreciated/enjoyed, then it’ll be the first thing to cut when the time comes to make cuts.
Finally got around to watch it. Really great stuff.. and we've been asking for it for so long. Gave it a like on YouTube. But yikes - only 3 likes and 15 views there. Hope they keep it going.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to watch it. Really great stuff.. and we've been asking for it for so long. Gave it a like on YouTube. But yikes - only 3 likes and 15 views there. Hope they keep it going.
The streamed version has 282 views. It looks like they edit the streamed version, add some advertisers logos, and post it again a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.