Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know this goes against the grain here, and I know every coach in the country is active in the tranfer portal, but it seems to me that CKE just isn't signing very good players.
Curious why you would say something like this, compared to what we used to have under Paulsen.

In the ~2 years English has been here hes signed guys that have been rated well from a recruiting perspective (Fernandez, Dinkins, Nnaji) or guys who were rated well and transferred to Mason (Schwartz, Ticket). I'm not going through every player obviously and there are exceptions, but I'm really curious where this type of thought comes from. There is also the "few guys left behind" who have been coached up and improved to some degree factor as well.

Recruiting rankings aren't everything either, but to me he has signed a lot of good players and helped develop some guys, but for whatever reason they haven't come together to win as much as many of us would like at this juncture.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Curious why you would say something like this, compared to what we used to have under Paulsen.

In the ~2 years English has been here hes signed guys that have been rated well from a recruiting perspective (Fernandez, Dinkins, Nnaji) or guys who were rated well and transferred to Mason (Schwartz, Ticket). I'm not going through every player obviously and there are exceptions, but I'm really curious where this type of thought comes from. There is also the "few guys left behind" who have been coached up and improved to some degree factor as well.

Recruiting rankings aren't everything either, but to me he has signed a lot of good players and helped develop some guys, but for whatever reason they haven't come together to win as much as many of us would like at this juncture.
We've got guys coming off the bench this season who would have been 4 year starters under the last two coaches, this is just a terrible take by old man river.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We've got guys coming off the bench this season who would have been 4 year starters under the last two coaches, this is just a terrible take by old man river.
Oh I know we have a lot of talent and all that, I'm just curious where this comes from and would like to hear the thought process.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Look at the numbers -- our offense overall is not the problem. We take good efficient shots -- way more than most teams. I'll absolutely agre that our defense is atrocious but from a scheme perspective and a shot selection perspective our offense is actually one of the better in the conference outside of a few cherry picked points.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

First, I appreciate you not calling me an idiot like Jim92 did. Thanks.
I'll just repeat what I said in response to tblack: We can't shoot, make free throws, or play defense. Good players can do those things.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I bet you’re one of those people who think Tony Bennett’s system is lame because it doesn’t force turnovers and relies on opposing teams missing shots lol
What a horrendous comparison. If we could play pack line it would be amazing. But we probably can't begin to teach it the right way. Felton is a fine fellow. Him, Kim and Simp combined are no Tony Bennet. Plus, our player IQ isn't close to Uva's.

Since you need help keeping up I will explain that I only said that because Kim English wants to get out and run and have the defense fuel his offense ......he said that,not me. but hes not coaching the game that way so many people here are confused. Ya know, you must be a cowboy fan. Always delusional. Ya know that star on yalls helmet is not a logo, but a rating. Lol

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'll just repeat what I said in response to tblack: We can't shoot, make free throws, or play defense. Good players can do those things.
I mean you are just inexplicably wrong about us not having better players. i won't call you an idiot but you are just flat out incorrect. A TON to bitch about on this team, not sure talent level would be the one I would harp on. We couldn't even sniff a guy like Ticket, Schwartz or Bailey under DP. CKE has impressively increased the talent pool in two years. Whether he has any idea what he is doing with defensive game planning or coaching is certainly something to talk about though.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact of the way they are playing. Play better. Win. And I'll change my mind.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What a horrendous comparison. If we could play pack line it would be amazing. But we probably can't begin to teach it the right way. Felton is a fine fellow. Him, Kim and Simp combined are no Tony Bennet. Plus, our player IQ isn't close to Uva's.

Since you need help keeping up I will explain that I only said that because Kim English wants to get out and run and have the defense fuel his offense ......he said that,not me. but hes not coaching the game that way so many people here are confused. Ya know, you must be a cowboy fan. Always delusional. Ya know that star on yalls helmet is not a logo, but a rating. Lol
to be fair he wants to go out and run but the players aren't doing it. We play at a very slow tempo it just looks like light speed faster than UVA's because they are so damn slow. I think we would be a lot better if we played at the tempo that CKE consistently talks about playing. Part of the reason we don't is much to the dismay of this board is our PG isn't very good and our SG would rather take fade away three's than drive for easy layups

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The stats say two of your three points are absolute rubbish and we’ve beaten the free throw horse to death … what else ya got?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The stats say two of your three points are absolute rubbish and we’ve beaten the free throw horse to death … what else ya got?
Stats schmats. If they were better players they would be winning more games.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That is incredibly generic and doesn't give any thought to backing up your comment.
Stats schmats. If they were better players they would be winning more games.
Yeah I guess stats lie now. Good grief. I give the benefit of the doubt to everyone, but you lost me with this type of commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.