Welcome Justin Kier

Son-of-a-Gunston

Preferred Walk-On
Perhaps Coach Paulsen's recruiting strategy is to build the team from the outside in—get players that can shoot the 8 foot+ jumpers and can defend opponents' jumpers. Once you have players that can take and defend the j's then install an inside presence.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps Coach Paulsen's recruiting strategy is to build the team from the outside in—get players that can shoot the 8 foot+ jumpers and can defend opponents' jumpers. Once you have players that can take and defend the j's then install an inside presence.

Paulsen recognized right away that our biggest weakness was our guard play, which has improved already with the addition of Livingston and Grayer.

The 2016 class is about finding guys who can put the ball in the basket, plain and simple.

Newman and Kier are both known as big-time perimeter shooters. Boyd and Temara are elite athletes who can score in the paint and from the 3-point line.

I expect to see a much more perimeter-oriented team going forward, one that can spread the floor and pass effectively and has guys capable of hitting jump shots at all 5 positions.

DP's best Bucknell team had Muscala at the 5. He could score in the low post, but was also effective facing up and was a legit threat all the way out to the 3-point line.

DP tweaked his system because he inherited a low-post beast in Shevon, but I'd be shocked to see us recruit guys like him in the future.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
he's in Canada now @ training camp for the Moncton Miracles... 12/26 is the first exhibition or regular season game (not sure but I'll find out)

Congrats! I wanted to break the news here a week ago but didn't want to jinx Vaughn until he was officially on the roster. So happy he's getting the chance to play pro ball.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Damn! Add this new class with our current Freshmen and we are building a monster team!

We desperately need a Center, someone who can replace Thompson, and another PF who can play immediately. We are Guard heavy moving forward, need to find Big's who can score and rebound and have size/width. May go the JUCO route.

All we have coming back next year is Jenkins, Dixon, and Relvao who are 210lbs soaking wet, except for Jenkins who has some beef. The upper level teams will man handle us in the paint if we don't address this need. Need a post presence!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We desperately need a Center, someone who can replace Thompson, and another PF who can play immediately. We are Guard heavy moving forward, need to find Big's who can score and rebound and have size/width. May go the JUCO route.

All we have coming back next year is Jenkins, Dixon, and Relvao who are 210lbs soaking wet, except for Jenkins who has some beef. The upper level teams will man handle us in the paint if we don't address this need. Need a post presence!

Relvao is listed at 6-9, 236. No idea if he was soaking wet when he stepped on the scale. Regardless, IMHO that is plenty heavy to play in the post in the A-10.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
  1. justin kier™ ‏@Jkiiiiii__ 15h15 hours ago
    met @StephenCurry30's Aunt (Dell Currys Sister) today #grottoesnative

CW8xtSrUMAA5SGT.jpg

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Someone needs to tell him he's not allowed to like JMU anymore.

I'm not sure if it bothers me more that Justin likes JMU or that Stephen doesn't give his aunt some money so she doesn't have to work (unless of course she chooses to do so, which is fine).