Welcome Joel Kabimba

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
6'10" kid who can't play the 4 or 5. I really want to like this kid but I feel like he's going to f up our roster for 3 years and he'll get concessions because he's that Aussie that Nate brought in.
We had the same problem with Vlad some light-years ago. Coach OCM wanted him to develop and play in the paint. Vlad, being shy about contact, wanted to play perimeter ball. Complete disconnect led Vlad to transfer and succeed at American University. Swing-and-a-miss for Mason.

I know, this is not the Blake Jones thread, but I hope that he either develops well (i.e. makes a great leap over this summer for year two) or takes his talents to South, North, East, or West beach.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Does Joel leave school immediately or can he stay enrolled and practice?

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does Joel leave school immediately or can he stay enrolled and practice?
if he is in the portal now then he needs to hand in all of his equipmentand all team related stuff is off limits

but i dont know scholarship rules but i hope that it is still good and that he can finish the semester, get his academic credits and move on to a place that is better for him basketball wise

NewPatriot

Starter
Wow! Kambima wasnt a freshman. He was 6'8 220 first team virginia player in the class of 2019. 2 year starter at stetson that Tramsferred to Mason.

He was a very skilled and versatile player. Unfortunately, Gaines and Schwartz were in front of him. Fernandez coming in next year.

The writing was on the wall. He probably decided to go play somewhere for opportunity.

It sucks cuz I like the guy. He had some epic battles with flint hill's wahab when he was at mifdleburg academy.

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
if he is in the portal now then he needs to hand in all of his equipmentand all team related stuff is off limits

but i dont know scholarship rules but i hope that it is still good and that he can finish the semester, get his academic credits and move on to a place that is better for him basketball wise
New semester starts Monday, so he should have already finished

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
6'10" kid who can't play the 4 or 5. I really want to like this kid but I feel like he's going to f up our roster for 3 years and he'll get concessions because he's that Aussie that Nate brought in.
I agree he will probably get a longer leash than he deserves. But he’s only a freshman. Remember Oduro as a freshman?