Vote Of Confidence - Paul Hewitt 12/12/2014

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots at this time?

• Total voters

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, Mayimba was the third thing I was trying to remember. What concerns me is if there is even a slight improvement, or we lose a lot of close games in conference and he can convince Edwards with the "imagine how much better we would have been without the horrible roster luck" unlikely, but he seems to be very convincing.

So far I've seen 3 years of "IMAGINE HOW MUCH BETTER WE'D BE WITHOUT ____!!!" and absolutely nothing being done to work around it, so I really hope Edwards is smart enough to realize what a crock of shit that would be.

Imagine how much better we'd be if we'd won 30 games!

MasonEE

Recruit
Men‘s college basketball is business. With TV revene, local coverage, game attedance down. my guess is neither
school nor Edward think PH is worth the money.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Still a 'Hell NO'. Imagine what a real coach could of done with our talent over past 3.5 years.

wijg

Starter
While it is nice to finally see some good play a couple games in a row, and a decent offense, this could be the beginning of our, at least my, worst nightmare.

We are finally beating some quality teams and the A10 is down this year. If we keep this up, we could finish in the top half of the a10, and Hewitt gets renewed. It could be our version of the JMU 2012-13 season all over again.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
While it is nice to finally see some good play a couple games in a row, and a decent offense, this could be the beginning of our, at least my, worst nightmare.

We are finally beating some quality teams and the A10 is down this year. If we keep this up, we could finish in the top half of the a10, and Hewitt gets renewed. It could be our version of the JMU 2012-13 season all over again.
At least they made it to the play-in-game. They probably had to.

Harry

Starter
We definately need to kick Hewitt out as soon as possible. He has already given a 2015 offer to Trhae Mitchell.......he is 6-6 and an athletic small forward!:bricks: He will forever go after as many small forwards he can find if he stays at Mason. We will never have a real point guard.

Hewitt clearly has a sexual fetish problem with 6-6/6-7 small forwards.
I agree that Hewitt recruits too many 6-6 guys. But Isaiah Jackson has certainly worked out so far. While not exactly a point guard, he is a guy who can be trusted with the ball in a crucial situation (or at least he was against Wright Brothers State). We still don't know what Lockett and Mayimba might bring to the game...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree that Hewitt recruits too many 6-6 guys. But Isaiah Jackson has certainly worked out so far. While not exactly a point guard, he is a guy who can be trusted with the ball in a crucial situation (or at least he was against Wright Brothers State). We still don't know what Lockett and Mayimba might bring to the game...

I think the problem is with a logjam at the positions they can play. This is why we had Marko starting at the 3, because we just ad too many face-up style forwards.

Next year if Hewitt stays we will have Jackson, Mayimba, Lockett and Gilbert all vying for playing time at the same position.

Now maybe Jackson and/or Mayimba can slide over to the 2 for stretches, but will that make them less effective?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I really hope this flash of brilliance is not setting the stage for some of you that keeping Hewitt would be okay.

He is just not the man for this program long term....
Anything short of a NC, Hewitt goes. Georgia Tech messed up by extending him by just making it to NC game.

I think the problem is with a logjam at the positions they can play. This is why we had Marko starting at the 3, because we just ad too many face-up style forwards.

Next year if Hewitt stays we will have Jackson, Mayimba, Lockett and Gilbert all vying for playing time at the same position.

Now maybe Jackson and/or Mayimba can slide over to the 2 for stretches, but will that make them less effective?
Great question, but not too worried yet. Jackson can play the 2 or even the 1, and I don't see why Lockett can't play the two.

Worse problem having to convert 4s to 3s.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Anything short of a NC, Hewitt goes. Georgia Tech messed up by extending him by just making it to NC game.

After the NC game, Georgia Tech was afraid that Hewitt would accept an offer from St. John's or another school so it included an automatic rollover clause in his contract. What leverage does Hewitt currently have at Mason?

polepino

Starter

Honestly, I think if Hewitt manages to have a winning season, maybe win a game or two in the A10 tourney, I think Edwards lets him stay one more. I just can't see a first year AD firing a coach on a winning season with 'progress' from the last season. Just my thoughts.