Poll Vote of Confidence: Paul Hewitt (1/25)

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots at this time?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • No.

Votes: 37 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm late on getting this week's poll up! Same question as always. Confidence in Hewitt rose from only 22% two weeks ago, to 35% last week. Will it rise again, plateau or drop?

chart127.png

MasonCrew

Starter
Interesting to see a 60% increase in what is essentially Hewitt's approval rating despite consecutive losses.

Stockholm syndrome takes Fairfax.

mason2k1

Starter
First step to recovery is admitting that there's a problem.
That No felt so good.
Onto step 2.
Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves (El Presidente?) could restore us to sanity.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I abstained from the last poll, but I voted "No" here. I just don't see any way things will get better with a game at UMass, another at GW and two more against St. Louis. We might win a couple more games against the rest of our schedule, but I'm not holding my breath with this this coach and this roster.

I'd feel better if I thought we were building toward something after our first year in the A10, but our junior class is almost non-existent. That means we'll be relying on our current freshmen and sophomores as well as our incoming recruiting class if we are going to improve next year, and that would entail Hewitt being able to wrangle them into anything resemble a winning team.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'd feel better if I thought we were building toward something after our first year in the A10, but our junior class is almost non-existent. That means we'll be relying on our current freshmen and sophomores as well as our incoming recruiting class if we are going to improve next year, and that would entail Hewitt being able to wrangle them into anything resemble a winning team.

Don't forget there are 2 transfers eligible to play next season, including Julian Royal. It will be interesting to see who returns next season. And, will there be any changes to the coaching staff?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't forget there are 2 transfers eligible to play next season, including Julian Royal. It will be interesting to see who returns next season. And, will there be any changes to the coaching staff?

Pablos, I'm probably positive to a fault, so I'm not giving up all hope on the future. I'm actually looking forward to how athletic we will be, although I don't see that equating to a lot more wins. I just know we are doomed this season, which is what I based my vote on.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't forget there are 2 transfers eligible to play next season, including Julian Royal.

Wait, who is the other transfer who is eligible to play next year other than Royal?

By the way, with the vote now 18-14, I think Brian might be on to something.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Wait, who is the other transfer who is eligible to play next year other than Royal?

By the way, with the vote now 18-14, I think Brian might be on to something.
And notice how the Yes votes come in almost immediately after the poll is created, during what is the middle of the work day for most of us, while the No votes tend to take until evening, or even over the next few days. Almost like an organization that has a vested interest is hoping to vote early to show that there is support and hope it will cause others to question their votes since others have voted that way. Very suspicious.

My other theory is that most of the Yes votes are unemployed, because their skills in using logic are questionable.:cool:

sigmanorm

Starter
I have confidence in his recruiting ability, but not game management at this point. Our issues this year are almost always in the 2nd half and that has to be related to adjustments at halftime.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
It's definitely just vcu fans f*cking with us. So yes, unemployed, questionable logic skills, etc.

I'm not buying it that these are just vcu fans. There are Mason fans who continue to express their support for Hewitt on this board. And, I'm sure there were GT fans who continued to support Hewitt until he was fired.