Poll Vote of Confidence: Paul Hewitt (1/25)

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots at this time?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • No.

Votes: 37 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Or, should we just discontinue this poll?
I like them. I find them amusing, though, that we have lost 7 games straight since the first poll, and the confidence has gone up. If we lose the rest of the games this year, he might approach 100% confidence.

Maybe the poll needs to be more clear. I was assuming that confidence implied something positive. Maybe they are confident that he is bring the program down.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps, some voters who have no confidence are voting "Yes" because they are enjoying your reaction?
Then it is win/win, because I enjoy reacting to them.

It would be interesting to see what one of these votes would be like if it required you to have posted for a while on here, something to prevent non-participants in our discussions from voting.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks for posting that, '89. I can't imagine how tough this season has been on the seniors, but I love they hold themselves accountable and talk about needing to close games out better.

Hewitt and his staff need to put the players in better positions to win these close games, but it speaks a lot to Sherrod's maturity that he shoulders some of that burden:

Every loss but four or five, we’ve been up. Then we lose focus ... There’s a play or two, a breakdown, little mental things we’re not doing, me included ... That’s the most frustrating thing. We’re a good team. We could play at a high level at all times. We have to compete. We’re all looking for answers. I’m looking for answers. I’m looking at myself. I’m looking at tape, trying to figure out everything. Have to keep on grinding. … Keep your spirits high, keep working, try to get one.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Its great to see the team is still working hard and so it gives the glimmer of hope that one of these days a win will come out of it, and the huge monkey that is on their back will disappear. I see the season as 3 parts (10 games each), and by the third part teams are usually playing their best basketball into February and March. Hopefully Mason will be able to steal a few wins in the next 10.

Son-of-a-Gunston

Preferred Walk-On
Its great to see the team is still working hard and so it gives the glimmer of hope that one of these days a win will come out of it, and the huge monkey that is on their back will disappear. I see the season as 3 parts (10 games each), and by the third part teams are usually playing their best basketball into February and March. Hopefully Mason will be able to steal a few wins in the next 10.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Wait a minute... Hold on a sec...

Is this fan support I read here? Actual fan support? I haven't seen that since 2011.

All right, I'm going to go out on a limb, because I know that this Lord of the Flies social club is going to rip me a new pie hole for saying this:

Maybe, just maybe, that what Sherrod said in the article is quasi-support for Hewitt. Most of us on this board do not have that inside view. If the players support him, isn't that all that matters? It was obvious when the players turned away from Westhead and Nestor. That hasn't happened yet here.

BA says that the fans are supportive?? Doesn't appear that most of you are being very "supportive". Here's a suggestion — Let's save the Kill the Coach talk and the invites to the Patriot Circle Lynch Mob until after the season. This team has what it takes to rattle off six wins in a row. Let's help them do that.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
This team has what it takes to rattle off six wins in a row. Let's help them do that.

Can we get ONE WIN first before proclaiming that this team is capable of going on any sort of winning streak?

Trust me, we ALL want the players to do well, the coach to coach well, and for the team to win basketball games. We've been hearing all season long that the team practices and prepares for games well, yet they can't carry that over into a game for more than one half. It's good to hear that they support one another and it shows what kind of people they are because they haven't quit and I think that's awesome and great to see. If this team can put some of the broken pieces together down the home stretch of the season then maybe we'll see some nice wins here and there, and maybe even steal a win at Barclays.

mason2k1

Starter
The real question is do we rush the court when we finally win a conference game? /s
The real question is this.
We keep losing, and Hewitt's approval rating confidence meter keeps rising....so on that logic (why start now) if we do squeak out a win...will his confidence rating then go down?

KAOriginal

All-American
As my non basketball caring, sensible work partner pointed out today:

Wait you have a poll of confidence on a coach that was predicted to finish 8+ in a 13 team league? Then you, your administration and everyone else knew they were going to suck, so why are you upset when it happens? And if everything you say about the coach is true (history, mediocrity, etc..) then you are even dumber to think it was going to be anything different.

And to him I say great points. Why are we upset again?

Last edited:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member

If your team was predicted to finish 8+ in a 13 team league, then you, your administration and everyone else knew they were going to suck, so why are you upset when it happens?

And to him I say great point. Why really be upset?

The only reason I am upset is because we are basicly 8 points away from being 3 and 3 in the league and tied for 5th place in the A10. Gotta stop throwing up on ourselves at the end of games.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

If your team was predicted to finish 8+ in a 13 team league, then you, your administration and everyone else knew they were going to suck, so why are you upset when it happens? And if everything you say about the coach is true (history, etc..) then you are even dumber to think it was going to be anything different.

And to him I say great points. Why really be upset?

Well, frankly because 13th is 5 spots below 8th ... and three of the teams ahead of us right now (Fordham, Duquesne and URI) have no business being ahead of us.

Also, regardless of others' preseason picks, I expected to be better than 8th.

So no offense, but your sensible work partner has no clue.

KAOriginal

All-American
Well, frankly because 13th is 5 spots below 8th ... and three of the teams ahead of us right now (Fordham, Duquesne and URI) have no business being ahead of us.

Also, regardless of others' preseason picks, I expected to be better than 8th.

So no offense, but your sensible work partner has no clue.

8th or 13th...what's the difference after A-10 Tournament? Are we going to start hanging banners for 8th?

His point was and is missed by some of you...we're really meeting expectations so why all the drama?