Poll Vote of Confidence: Paul Hewitt (1/11)

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots at this time?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The crowd last night was embarrassing, but not surprising at all. I've been saying "apathy" in regards to the prorgam for weeks. Have no doubt, it has set in. Now, it just has to run its course. How long it will be that way....who really knows...

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The crowd last night was embarrassing, but not surprising at all. I've been saying "apathy" in regards to the prorgam for weeks. Have no doubt, it has set in. Now, it just has to run its course. How long it will be that way....who really knows...

What game were you at? From my seat there were tons of fans on their feet for bad calls and good plays, lots of standing up and cheering guys back to the bench when they were rotated out. Wasn't the most intense I've seen but I don't think it was "embarrassing," especially considering some of the sorry crowds we've put together.

If you're talking about it from an attendance standpoint, yeah, our arena is 3,000 seats too big and that never looks good on TV. Then again, most people in Fairfax aren't going to come out on a Wednesday night to watch a team with a losing record.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you're talking about it from an attendance standpoint, yeah, our arena is 3,000 seats too big and that never looks good on TV.

Exactly. If we had 600 more fans last night, we would have sold out GW's gym.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
True. I've always thout 4.5K is about right. Half what it is now.,,,

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Could we have had Lonergan?

"UVM’s successful coach is being linked to vacancies at George Mason and George Washington. The Washington Post identified Lonergan as a possible candidate for both positions."

F

Flexxar

Spectator
We'll need those 10k seats two years from now. Right before Jenkins leaves us after his junior year for the nba.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Give me a near clone of the Ryan Center at URI (7,657). You could shrink it a little bit, but I like the design too. Looks good on TV anyway.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

"UVM’s successful coach is being linked to vacancies at George Mason and George Washington. The Washington Post identified Lonergan as a possible candidate for both positions."

Keep in mind that although GW is having a very good year this, Lonergan is considerably below .500 in his 2.5 yrs with them.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I was talking to someone recently about this and this person happened to have talked to Lonergan on the subject. If I recall what he said correctly, Lonergan was already a done deal at GW by the time we entered the coaching search.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Keep in mind that although GW is having a very good year this, Lonergan is considerably below .500 in his 2.5 yrs with them.
The cupboards were bare at GW. It is always tougher when you take over a team where the coach was fired.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The cupboards were bare at GW. It is always tougher when you take over a team where the coach was fired.

Also GW has been improving steadily since he got there. Bad the first year, OK last year, good this year. PH's progression has been...odd?

I was talking to someone recently about this and this person happened to have talked to Lonergan on the subject. If I recall what he said correctly, Lonergan was already a done deal at GW by the time we entered the coaching search.

I heard something to this effect as well, because I was shocked he never apparently wasn't a serious candidate here as well and asked about it.

These boards need to stop with coaches who are having a good half of season as examples of better hires than Hewitt, though (although they probably are). Let's see if he at least can make it an NCAA year, and then make that an every 2-3 year trend as well.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I heard something to this effect as well, because I was shocked he never apparently wasn't a serious candidate here as well and asked about it.

These boards need to stop with coaches who are having a good half of season as examples of better hires than Hewitt, though (although they probably are). Let's see if he at least can make it an NCAA year, and then make that an every 2-3 year trend as well.

Honestly if we can get to a level where we're competing in the A-10 similarly to how we competed in the CAA, we should be making the tournament every year or every other year. A long way off (it seems) at this point but not impossible, and that's the kind of standard I'd like to hold Hewitt to.