Vote for your Favorite Throwback Jersey!

Which throwback would you like to see Mason wear?

• Total voters

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be honest - I'm sick of talking about Hewitt. So, to change things up a bit, lets do a poll!

Yesterday the bids were due from the athletic apparel companies to outfit all of Mason's teams. We won't know the results for another 6 weeks or so, but let's just say we get a nice set of throwback uni's for the mens team in the deal - which would you vote for?

The 1969 Jersey: Very basic - no name on the front. This is where it all began.

1969_Team_Pic.png

The 1972 Jersey: The first to have our school name on the front (notice that guy on the top right - boy he looks familiar).

1972_Team_Pic.png

The 1974 Jersey - The first to have us as a University - not a College (well, most players got the update):

1974_Team_Pic.png

The 1985 Jersey: This was the style in the ealry 80's - they were the first to have the full name on the front:

1985_Team_Pic.png

The 1988 Jersey: These scream 80's - you can't beat that "modern" font. These were the jerseys we wore in our first NCAA tourney game.

1988_Team_Pic.png

KAOriginal

All-American
I like the fact that we have actual proof with the '72 photo that Clarence Withers played at Mason before going onto a stellar career with the Flint Tropics....

Last edited:

wijg

Starter
I went with 1974 only because I love the picture with one guy still showing GMC on the jersey. Otherwise I like the font on the '88 jersey.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
And while we are at it, I would like to see Skip put these back in the rotation for baseball:

bill_brown.png

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You need to add the 2006 FF jersey. A throwback jersey should remind the fans of the glory years.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
None of these... I'm pretty sure Shevon Thompson and his Double-Double sized man dingo would be hanging out of all of these throwback shorts.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
None of these... I'm pretty sure Shevon Thompson and his Double-Double sized man dingo would be hanging out of all of these throwback shorts.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
06 isn't old enough to be a throwback. Besides, Nike owns that design (I believe), so if we go with UA or adidas we couldn't get that. And I vote for the 74 jersey! Just saying GMU is different from George Mason. We could wear them against Madison so we had a GMU-JMU thing going on.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
88. The bookstore should also start selling those baseball caps with that awesome font.

2018 is enough time to get those jerseys made for a one off season run.