The NEW/Game 13 Thread: GMU at #6 Kansas on Saturday, January 1, at 5PM

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Merged the threads together- thanks to @jessej for starting it. @Patriotsince81 do your preview thing.

Excited to see Mason go up against a top 10 school. Not going to be easy at all going on the road but glad they are up for the challenge. They have nothing to lose and gain some great experience.

Kansas plays Nevada tonight for those who want to scout.
yes please do

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not that KE won't be motivated, but given the Mizzu-Kansas rivalry, this one will have some extra juice

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Apologies for yet another rushed report.

Kansas is currently 9-1 on the season. They are 5 - 0 at home and 1 - 0 on the road, and 3 - 1 at neutral sites.

Wins: Michigan St., Tarelton St., Stony Brook, North Texas, Iona, St. John’s, UTEP, Missouri, Stephen F. Austin,
Losses: Dayton
Canceled: Colorado, TCU,

Schedule: https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
Roster: https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/
Stats: https://kuathletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kansas-Stats-12.18.pdf

Kansas is led by 6’5” Ochai Agbaji (22.0 ppg & 4.2 reb), 6’7” Christian Braun (16.8 ppg &6.7 reb), and 6’0” Remy Martin (10.9 ppg & 4.1 reb). 6’10” David McCormack and 6.1” Dajuan Harris round out the starting 5. 6’8” Mitch Lightfoot, 6’1” Bobby Pettiford, and 6’8” Jalen Wilson have averaged double digit minutes off the bench for the Jayhawks.

Kansas averages 85.8 points per game while giving up 67.2. The Jayhawks are shooting 51.9% from the floor and 37.6% from 3. Opponents are shooting 43.8% from the field and 31.9% from 3. They shoot 69.4% from the free throw line. The Jayhawks are out rebounding by their opponents to the tune of 6.5 boards per game. They average 11.4 turnovers per game.

The game is on The Big 12 NOW on ESPN+.

My prediction: I just don’t see us winning this game but talk about your golden opportunity!!!! National exposure will be a good thing if we can keep this one close. I have to go with Kansas winning this one 75 - 69. We keep it respectable.

We finish the OOC portion of our season 7-6.

Discuss.

This seems to be a very tall team - 3 starters at 6'5" and above and two 6' 8" guys off the bench. may need to spread 5 plyers fouls across their front line as a way to stop their inside scoring. I agree, keep it respectable - catch them sleeping/underrating us and with a hangover from the night before and we have a fighter's chance. Congrats to KE for getting us on ther court. An opportunity to make some noise and be seen.

Last edited:
OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

ephoops

Starter
Uh, yeah.... who's the lucky person that draws THIS assignment defensively? I remember the days when we'd put Lamar or John Vaughn on the other team's best offensive player and they'd typically keep them under control. But I don't know if anyone on this team has earned a rep as an elite defender. I assume we give Ticket the first run at him, and if that doesn't work, it goes to Schwartz? Maybe both switch on and off of him?
Ticket will draw the defensive assignment to cover Adbaji.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Jayhawks? Josey Wales’ rage intensifies.
One of the best movies ever.

the-outlaw-josey-wales-55ac059c553b7.jpg

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be there.

Are you going to go? Isn't this in your backyard, relatively speaking?
As of right now, yes.

It looks like weather will be an issue Saturday - Lawrence is under a winter storm watch. Calling for 2 to 8 inches and possible ice… not good for someone planning to drive the 5 1/2 hours.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
As of right now, yes.

It looks like weather will be an issue Saturday - Lawrence is under a winter storm watch. Calling for 2 to 8 inches and possible ice… not good for someone planning to drive the 5 1/2 hours.
Holy moly, I hadn't looked at the weather yet. Thanks for pointing that out. Heading to the car rental site to see if I can get a 4x4.