The NEW/Game 13 Thread: GMU at #6 Kansas on Saturday, January 1, at 5PM

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
E7D8D5E2-7377-4D28-84C3-87157A468F19.jpeg

Good pic of an empty court just before the game.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I see Oduro, Cooper, Schwartz, XJ, Ticket, Polite, Hartwell all warming up.

And Blake Jones, and Buchanan, and that looks every line that is warming up.

Is that’s all that’s available? Any idea?

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Very disappointing, indeed. We can't weather this setback and also be playing without key backups. Still hoping we can be competitive.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So far, the Patriots don't look intimidated at all. Love what Gaines is giving the team on both sides of the ball (especially his defensive rebounding early). The offense is getting good shots against Kansas's defense so far.

Don't like that Blake has to be Oduro's backup and that he's going to have to play a lot of minutes today.

This will be great experience for the players not named Gaines, Schwartz, or Cooper.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Also need to give props to XJ for being aggressive. Layups aren't falling, but he's getting to the line a lot.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Polite looks absolutely lost. Other than that, we are looking solid across the board here. As much as can be expected given the circumstances.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That run to end the half was unfortunate, and Hartwell just isn't good enough for this level of competition, but I have to admit I liked what I saw for most of this half. Down 11 at the half does not represent the level of play for most of that half.

FreeGunston12

All-American
That run to end the half was unfortunate, and Hartwell just isn't good enough for this level of competition, but I have to admit I liked what I saw for most of this half. Down 11 at the half does not represent the level of play for most of that half.
Agreed. Played about as well as we could hope. Going to be tough to keep it up in the 2nd half to keep it close.