The Future Is Bright

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
There are more than one of us that have to cop to the same.

Let's hope for a speedy course correction and return to ascension.

PiKapp, you had better be careful. Look at how things have panned out recently. I lost my way on 1/2, and started calling for Hewitt's head and it resulted in 9 straight losses.

I started speaking the Hewitt Gospel again on 2/6, and we end our 9 game skid and win our first ever A10 conference game. If I were you, I'd be afraid to cross gmubrian at this point, and anyone who is not on the Hewitt train, is crossing gmubrian.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
The Men's Volleyball team was just on SportsCenter Top 10, coming in at #9 for a pretty crazy point. National exposure for the school...the future is bright.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Like I said, Royal will take his minutes next year.

5 Royal
4 Jenkins
3 Gray
2 Holloway
1 Moore

If Royal, Jenkins, and Gray can rebound well, we'll have little use for Copes. Especially if Porter adds 15lbs by Mid Jan.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Like I said, Royal will take his minutes next year.

5 Royal
4 Jenkins
3 Gray
2 Holloway
1 Moore

If Royal, Jenkins, and Gray can rebound well, we'll have little use for Copes. Especially if Porter adds 15lbs by Mid Jan.

It's certainly not impossible to play an athletic 6-8 face-up PF as your 5 -- vcu went to the Final Four with Jamie Skeen as its starting "center" -- but then again, Paul Hewitt is most definitely not Shaka Smart.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim,
Lets face it, we aren't guarding anyone next year. Jackson is too slow, Mayimba and Lockett look promising but won't be ready to step up vs a10 guards. And Porter needs to live at Golden Corral for first semester to gain freshman 20lbs. So look for minimal contributions from freshman. Everyone else we have we know can't guard, so Copes' role is already diminished. I doubt Royal can guard worse than Copes, but he sure as hell can score. So that's what we will be doing next year. Running the System!!!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Newsworthy and not at all creepy.

Or you know, the exact opposite of that.

I apologize if this comes off wrong, but I'm honestly still kinda stuck on a 6-8, 250-pound kid from inner-city Philly drinking martinis.

I wonder if Copes was wearing a smoking jacket and an ascot while he was sipping away ...

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 8m
Under-the-radar A 10 transfer --- George Mason's Julian Royal. Was Top 100 recruit coming of HS when he committed to Georgia Tech. 6-8.

mason2k1

Starter
so, the future is bright thread gets the recruit comments, and the recruit thread's get the doom and gloom comments...