The Future Is Bright

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I can't decide if (a) you have turned up the sarcasm to a whole new level, (b) our sarcasm has been more subtle than I thought, or (c), how should I say this . . . probably no point in explaining "c".

how about:

(c), Mmmmmhhh....paint chips. Yumm!

R

rockster

Spectator
I can't decide if (a) you have turned up the sarcasm to a whole new level, (b) our sarcasm has been more subtle than I thought, or (c), how should I say this . . . probably no point in explaining "c".

Sarcasm, no just speaking out what I have seen. Ok, so either the coach is great and the players are terrible, or both coach and players are terrible or somewhere in between. Basketball is a game where there is a winner and a loser and if your not winning something is wrong. How else do you explain their record?

mason2k1

Starter
I can't decide if (a) you have turned up the sarcasm to a whole new level, ...
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Rockster, the entire basis of the thread is sarcastic. You are preaching to the choir.

Unless your posts are indeed a new genius level of sarcasm. If so, I bow down to thee.

Scythe

Starter
Sarcasm, no just speaking out what I have seen. Ok, so either the coach is great and the players are terrible, or both coach and players are terrible or somewhere in between. Basketball is a game where there is a winner and a loser and if your not winning something is wrong. How else do you explain their record?

This whole thread is sarcastic. You just missed it. Haha

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think Okoloji should ever see the floor again after his horrible 2-turnover performance against St. Louis in only two minutes of action (unless all of other other big men foul out).

Tom, Okoloji is bound to be a star, eventually. Hewitt recruited him, after all. He is just in a slump. After another year under Hewitt he will get even better. I will refer you to my mentor, who is always setting me straight on here. He once said:

..Okoloji deserved his minutes the last two games. He only played 14 minutes today, yet he was our leading rebounder with 6. He also had two steals and played very good defense. In his 12 minutes yesterday, he scored the same amount of points as J2, Marko and Copes (all of whom played anywhere from 18-21 minutes).
.... but to say he doesn't earn his playing time is not accurate.

Those two posts would imply that you think he has gotten worse under Hewitt. I still don't get this notion that his players get worse. Granted I didn't follow Hewitt at GT. Who on the current roster has gotten worse? Maybe I have my rose colored glasses on.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
No, no, you are seeing things correctly. At GaTech many of Coach H's best players improved greatly after one or two years under such a great developer of talent. Unfortunately for Coach H those players developed so much that they went to the NBA. And once in the NBA, Coach H's coaching stuck with them so much that they even got better. Man, next year is going to be awesome. We will have guys who have studied under the master for four fricking years.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Brian, just because he admittedly played well in a few games doesn't mean he should still be in the rotation. Regardless of who our coach is in the future, I want the players who are part of that future to get the minutes and the experience. With more talented players coming in, the occasional minutes he does get should be obsolete if he does return.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Would Murray St's Steve Prohm or Blemont's Rick Byrd be looking good on GMU sideline as HC?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I choose to believe that Rockster is doubling down

Herndon, I've been waiting for you to post, because I wanted to publicly acknowledge that you were right and I was wrong about both Hewitt and Okoloji. I guess I so wanted them both to be better than they are that I allowed it to cloud my judgment. Props for pegging both of them for what they are.

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What is with all the negativity? I feel like I am Mr. Uncool. I was for the hire when it happened and most seemed to doubt it. I lost my way a little over a month ago and went on a negativity binge and I have been called just about every name in the book on here and in person. Now, I have finally seen the light (and it is bright) and even the positive people seem to be down on our coach or have even stopped posting. We should be glad that he even does us the favor of being on the sideline of little ole GMU. After working with some of his guys for about five or six years, I think he will have them running like a well oiled machine. In year eight or nine, I think we will look really good, maybe even make the NIT, probably the NCAA tourney in year ten. My of only concern is if we will have the budget to keep him through year 10. Hopefully we give him a raise this year to show him we are serious. Extend his contract for five more years. Then, we can lock him in again in year eight, when things are just about ready to get crazy good. At that, point we should give him this thing I heard of called a lifetime contract. It will automatically renew him every year. He will be stuck taking us well beyond anything Mason fans deserve (we are not Duke, after all) for the rest of his life.

If you just have a little foresight, you can almost see how bright the future is.

mason2k1

Starter
I've reread this one 5 or 6 times and i'm pretty sure none of my prior posts were included in this one. Fool me once …

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've reread this one 5 or 6 times and i'm pretty sure none of my prior posts were included in this one. Fool me once …
That one is all me (except the duke reference). I was once only able to repeat the words of wisdom of others with regard to Hewitt. I now feel I have found my calling and dare to spread the word as I interpret it myself.

Herndon

All-Conference
Herndon, I've been waiting for you to post, because I wanted to publicly acknowledge that you were right and I was wrong about both Hewitt and Okoloji. I guess I so wanted them both to be better than they are that I allowed it to cloud my judgment. Props for pegging both of them for what they are.
:( I'd vastly prefer to have been wrong. The upside is he's not going to leave the cubbord bare. Jenkins has the look of a future star, and I think Holloway can be an above average 2 guard if he develops. If 2 of the 4 incoming freshmen pan out, then the next coach will have some nice parts to work with.

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I take full credit for the win today. I was the only one on here talking up our coach this week.

I start the "Hewitt could kick Chuck Norris' arse" talk and we get our first A10 win. Coincidence? I think not. To all you believers, you are welcome. To all you haters, suck it!

Renew Hewitt now!

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good work, Brian. You are to be commended. If we had more posters like you a few months ago, we'd be dominating this sorry excuse for a basketball league.

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Paul Hewitt can win a game of connect four in three moves.

The future is bright.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

There are more than one of us that have to cop to the same.

Let's hope for a speedy course correction and return to ascension.