Site Problems/Questions/etc

OP
Scythe

Scythe

Starter
Upgraded to Xenforo 1.3. There was some technical hiccups, but they are all resolved now. Let me know if you spot anything odd.

MasonCrew

Starter
Not sure if you can modify the image sizes, but it messes with the sites responsive resizing on iPhones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 459

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MasonCrew... are you referring to the message boards or the front page/news articles of the site? Also, don't they have Tapatalk on iPhone?

MasonCrew

Starter
MasonCrew... are you referring to the message boards or the front page/news articles of the site? Also, don't they have Tapatalk on iPhone?

It's the front page/news articles when you first goto masonhoops. They do have Tapatalk for the iphone, but I don't have it. I also think a lot of visitors won't have it, but I'm not sure how many. The forums themselves don't have the issue, just the front page.

It starts fitting in the screen, but then zooms out once the images are loaded. I'm not sure what language you're using, but if it's RoR I think there's a gem that automatically resizes images.

Last edited:
OP
Scythe

Scythe

Starter
I understand that the admins aren't on here all the time. Would it be possible to give one of the people that is on here on a regular basis the power to clean up the spam threads?

Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Agreed, a couple mods would be nice for sure. I'll ping mhAdmin.

We might be due for some software upgrades in the near future so we can update our spam controls as well.

wijg

Starter
I thought there might be some objections to me having the power based on my vocal views on some topics. I am glad to help if desired, but would understand if people wanted it to be someone a little less vocal. On the other hand, it is those of us that are most vocal that seem to be most likely to be on here on a regular basis.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I thought there might be some objections to me having the power based on my vocal views on some topics. I am glad to help if desired, but would understand if people wanted it to be someone a little less vocal. On the other hand, it is those of us that are most vocal that seem to be most likely to be on here on a regular basis.

If it's just erasing spam I'm good.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the stated goal of giving you rights to moderate would be to enable another one of us to take care of the spam. :monopolyguy:

wijg

Starter
Yes, the stated goal of giving you rights to moderate would be to enable another one of us to take care of the spam. :monopolyguy:
Agreed. I was just pointing out that some might be uncomfortable with it being me having that power. I will gladly help out eliminating the spam within your guidelines if you choose to allow me. I have suggestions for others that might be a good fit if it needs to be someone less vocal than me.