Revolutionary Rivalry - Mason AD style

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Isn't the season over and a winner declared at this point?

I don't see anything on GW's website either. Maybe someone can do some digging.

OP
G

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Isn't the season over and a winner declared at this point?
That's my point, I just checked the schedules and it looks like GW ended with a surge and won the rivalry 11-8, we did not get any extra points for winning A10 championships in Baseball, Men's Soccer or the individual Women's Cross Country title.

Afton Mtn Patriot

Preferred Walk-On
How about that InsideMasonBasketball.com that they started last year. Has that been updated at all since it was created? That looked like it had a lot of potential, but hasn't really been touched since it was launched.

OP
G

GMUSig03

All-Conference
How about that InsideMasonBasketball.com that they started last year. Has that been updated at all since it was created? That looked like it had a lot of potential, but hasn't really been touched since it was launched.
That site still lists Arledge on the team and the two videos shown are from July and September of last year.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My criticisms on the Rivalry Cup...

- Why is men's and women's basketball each worth 2 points when all others are only 1?

- GW doesn't have track teams so there are no points awarded in that sport. That's 4 points we probably would have earned from both M&W indoor and outdoor track.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just saw where the Big East restated they will not be adding teams. Fox is assisting them by putting pressure on Pac12 and Big12 to schedule BE teams

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just saw where the Big East restated they will not be adding teams. Fox is assisting them by putting pressure on Pac12 and Big12 to schedule BE teams
Fox has to help them get non conference games because the conference games aren't high profile. Georgetown-Villanova is probably the best game Fox can carry which is why Georgetown has to cut deals with Kansas and Syracuse.

OP
G

GMUSig03

All-Conference
That's because someone in the AD read this thread and updated it in the last day or two. It went 2+ plus months without being updated then suddenly it's updated within 2 days of this thread? At least they did it.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
lol ok. i dont understand the ego of those on this board who thinks the AD is doing nothing but refreshing the board and then jumping to do something that's on here. i mean i've been ranting about the PA announcer on this and the last board and nothing has been changed, idk why people think the AD has time to see what's on here. but i guess it's good it's fixed lol

Pablo

Hall of Famer
i mean i've been ranting about the PA announcer on this and the last board and nothing has been changed, idk why people think the AD has time to see what's on here.

Perhaps you should contact Brad Edwards directly about your opinion of the PA announcer. I would like to see a change in this position. But, I admire his dependable service to the school over the years, particularly games played in inclement weather.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Good he showed up for work for so long, but the PA dudes run his course. Nobody can say how much of a good difference that one dude was this season when the normal guy must have been sick or something.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I go to a basketball game to watch a basketball game. I have never thought, Wow! That PA announcer sucks or he is good." In fact I can't recall ever thinking about the announcer.