Revolutionary Rivalry - Mason AD style

Patriotfan49

Starter
I go to a basketball game to watch a basketball game. I have never thought, Wow! That PA announcer sucks or he is good." In fact I can't recall ever thinking about the announcer.

When the announcer drowns out all other noise after every basket and when watching on TV.......it gets old pretty fast.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
this has nothing to do with the announcer and everything to do with the settings of the audio system. All you have to do is turn up the bass and turn down the trebbile and I think this will sort of mufflle his voice to where it's not so piercing and annoying. Can we move on now?

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think our announcer could be a lot worse. I wouldn't mind having an And1 type announcer. Forward to :17 and listen to the announcer.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
Good he showed up for work for so long, but the PA dudes run his course. Nobody can say how much of a good difference that one dude was this season when the normal guy must have been sick or something.

I thought the one game where we had that other announcer, he was so much better and it greatly improved the atmosphere in the arena. But what do i know, i'm just a donor and someone who's had season tickets since the 80s, i surely don't matter.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I thought the one game where we had that other announcer, he was so much better and it greatly improved the atmosphere in the arena. But what do i know, i'm just a donor and someone who's had season tickets since the 80s, i surely don't matter.

If I recall correctly, the regular PA announcer missed the first half of a game last season. I too preferred the substitute announcer.

Patriotfan49

Starter

I think alot of people were in that boat. Just for that one game, the change was awesome. He didnt act as if every bucket was a game winner....and screamed into the mic.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
If I recall correctly, the regular PA announcer missed the first half of a game last season. I too preferred the substitute announcer.

He missed an entire game - UMass I believe. It made a huge difference in the arena. The fill-in guy (and thank god it wasn't the WBB guy) actually made the place seem like a major league arena instead of our rinky-dink minor league operation.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
He missed an entire game - UMass I believe.

I will respectfully disagree with you because I recall that he announced the second half. However, we are agreement regarding our preference for the substitute announcer.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I will respectfully disagree with you because I recall that he announced the second half. However, we are agreement regarding our preference for the substitute announcer.

lol you can disagree all you want, dude was gone the entire game and the fill in was there the entire game. It made me excited because I thought he got replaced lol.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our current announcer helped take us to the Final Four. He's the only link to the FF team, so I think he can decide when he's done. Different story for Hewitt though - got us to the CIT finals and got some hopes up. Edwards is the decider after next year, and I think Hewitt will be gone. Hewitt's successor will get GMU so many wins that we'll forget about the announcer controversy,

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Pablo is 60+ and his mind is going

Going strong ... That is!

If Pablo says it about a Mason historical fact, it's probably true. Not to mention that the way I recall the game, the sub was there the whole game.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk