Reuter's last 5 games

smccart5

Starter
He really needs to get his rebounding numbers up. For us to really move to the next level we need our big man to be averaging a double double

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He really needs to get his rebounding numbers up. For us to really move to the next level we need our big man to be averaging a double double
He does a good job boxing out. Our guards put up good rebounding numbers because they have clear paths to rebounds. Otis and Kier grab a lot of uncontested defensive rebounds because our bigs have boxed out effectively. The only guard really going up and consistently ripping rebounds away from people is Javon.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He does a good job boxing out. Our guards put up good rebounding numbers because they have clear paths to rebounds. Otis and Kier grab a lot of uncontested defensive rebounds because our bigs have boxed out effectively. The only guard really going up and consistently ripping rebounds away from people is Javon.
Yea I echo this point... He is really good at boxing out and letting our wings grab rebounds... but needs to be able to get some clutch rebounds at the end of the game like he finally did vs Lasalle more often.

OP
Herndon

Herndon

All-Conference

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I dug up that Reuter highlight reel from 2017. He has all the nifty moves and quickness we’ve seen over the last five games. Reuter reminds me of a boxer who maximizes his power through proper footwork. I’m still waiting though for him to lay down a monster dunk, hang off the rim, and scream like Christian Laettner!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kV15uyvVvzg&feature=youtu.be
That’s the funny thing he was more athletic 5 years ago! Can he still dunk?

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I can't believe he used to be able to dunk like that haha.

I've gotta believe he has been dealing with an ailment that 1) limited his ability to properly condition before the season, and 2) has hindered his quickness.

He was in a boot at one point last year, and this team has been known to have foot issues that linger (Moore, Shevon, Mar, Grayer, Reuter?).

I'll take the optimistic view on this that if he does fully recover we are going to see the type of quickness and athleticism we see in this video and his production can continue to increase!

OP
Herndon

Herndon

All-Conference
All these foot issues seemed to have started ever since we switched to Adidas. Coincidence? Hmmm...
Being a HUGE dude with a REALLY awkward running style probably doesn't help, either.

(I actually worry a little bit about oduro's feet/ankles/knees after watching him run, too)

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe Nike has a mole working at the Adidas shoe factory

upload_2019-2-13_12-56-47.png

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just face it. You’re a big Jarred Reuter fanboy in disguise. :chuckle:

That said he hit some big free throws tonight. Didn’t have the best game but contributed where he could.
I am starting to fully grasp his limitations.. Got furious when Holloway body slammed him for a no call (will always root for him) but damn he didn't play well tonight and dude said he had play of the game lol.. What?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am starting to fully grasp his limitations.. Got furious when Holloway body slammed him for a no call (will always root for him) but damn he didn't play well tonight and dude said he had play of the game lol.. What?
I think that was in jest. As in being surprised Reuter could ever block anyone’s shot given his Leaping Limitations Lacking Lift

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He made a lot of good moves tonight, but couldn't get the shots to fall in the first half because of his lack of lift. If he could just work in the offseason and get even a little improvement there, he could have one hell of a senior season.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

The refs could have called at least 3 fouls on Holloway late in the game and any of them would have got him his 5th foul. I guess they "wanted" to keep him in the game to make it interesting.