Reuter's last 5 games

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nope. And looking lighter on his feet too.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I think those numbers are pretty close to what we were all hoping for, but maybe a little better rebounding and defensive presence.

Kid has definitely improved and has been a huge factor in our turnaround. There have been times over the last couple weeks where his scoring has really kept us afloat (which is tough to do when you burnt your boat).

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Easy there.
I said maybe lol. That’s a big maybe.

I am curious though if DP’s preseason comments were meant to light a fire under Reuter's butt, or did he mean Reuter could be a POY in his senior year. Perhaps DP was just way off with his expectations.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Really happy to see his improvement and progression. Not the flashiest player in the post, but he spreads the offense as needed and draws attention which helps the team all around. I also think he does a lot more defensively that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. I only see him getting better as he works off his transfer rust.

Not sure what Paulsens comments were about, but they were a bit extreme. It could be he was just that good in practice considering who he was going up against. Whatever, as long as he produces on the court like he has and continues to improve I’m good with it.

OP
Herndon

Herndon

All-Conference
I think those numbers are pretty close to what we were all hoping for, but maybe a little better rebounding and defensive presence.

Kid has definitely improved and has been a huge factor in our turnaround. There have been times over the last couple weeks where his scoring has really kept us afloat (which is tough to do when you burnt your boat).
I think it pays to remember that he hadn't played consistently for like 3 years. It takes awhile to get your sea legs back

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Not the most fleet of foot, but he doesn't act like a spazz out there either. I appreciate his patience from the block and how he turns and looks. Lost art these days...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Reuter's best move yesterday was one that actually didn't lead to a basket. He pivoted, turned his defender around and attempted a nifty up-and-under reverse layup. He barely missed it, but it demonstrated that — despite only having a 2-inch vertical leap — he is more swift-afoot than many of us thought.

He's gone from being a bull in a china shop to the type of finesse player that can not only cause match-up problems in the post but open up our offense on the perimeter.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Reuter's best move yesterday was one that actually didn't lead to a basket. He pivoted, turned his defender around and attempted a nifty up-and-under reverse layup. He barely missed it, but it demonstrated that — despite only having a 2-inch vertical leap — he is more swift-afoot than many of us thought.

He's gone from being a bull in a china shop to the type of finesse player that can not only cause match-up problems in the post but open up our offense on the perimeter.

I am watching old Ryan Pearson (Peterson’s less famous cousin) clips right now and Reuter’s moves, especially the one you just mentioned, look almost exactly alike.

Before people jump all over me, I am not saying Reuter will ever accomplish anything Ryan did, but the similarities from Reuter’s recent games cannot be denied. And that should give all of us hope.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He has been playing a lot better recently that is a fact. he was able to take extremely big and athletic guys to the rack with both his left and right hand which impressed me. He also had a nice little fadeaway yesterday that was new to his game. I still don't like our offensive strategy but against some defensive strategies we face, it seems to work getting the ball to Reuter at the elbow... Keep it up

GMUSig03

All-Conference
He has been playing a lot better recently that is a fact. he was able to take extremely big and athletic guys to the rack with both his left and right hand which impressed me. He also had a nice little fadeaway yesterday that was new to his game. I still don't like our offensive strategy but against some defensive strategies we face, it seems to work getting the ball to Reuter at the elbow... Keep it up

I'm guessing the weather overnight was related to hell freezing over? ;)

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Not the most fleet of foot, but he doesn't act like a spazz out there either. I appreciate his patience from the block and how he turns and looks. Lost art these days...

I don't know if this translates on TV, but in person, you can see Reuter doing a lot of pointing to tell players where to be on defense. I suspect a year of practice helped to see where his teammates tend to play.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know if this translates on TV, but in person, you can see Reuter doing a lot of pointing to tell players where to be on defense. I suspect a year of practice helped to see where his teammates tend to play.

Agree - Reuter also does that when trying to beat zone defenses. You can hear and see him pointing out open spots to his teammates.

Yesterday, I loved him backing down his defender for the fourth time and opting for a sweet assist to Miller with a simple short bounce pass. He has shown a nice ability to pass out and now pass inside too.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Reuter's timing couldn't be better. It throws in a new wrinkle that other teams have to prepare for and attempt to handle. You're correct. If Reuter's improved play is continues its current upward trend then it will make others in the offense a greater threat.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Glad to say I was wrong about Reuter. Going into conference play I was leading the pack to bench him, but it seems like every game in A10 play I have been telling myself this is Reuter's best game yet. He's playing within his limits, and really playing up to his own strengths (passing, active communication on D, etc).

One of these games, Reuter, Otis, and Kier are all going to hit a stride in the same game and we are absolutely going to ruin some poor team. Jack Tempchkin will see the floor with 10 minutes left in the second half.

Glad Paulsen didn't give up on Reuter when I was ready too. Almost like he knows a little bit more about basketball than I do (I don't think he does but whatever).