Regular Season Home Attendance

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
If I was a billionaire I'd put a new arena in with a capacity of 7000 seats, 500 of them would be occupied by the Green Machine.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason Basketball Retweeted
BKJ's Fan ‏@BKsFan 16h16 hours ago
My first attendance at a @MasonMBB game. I can't wait to go again! #GoPatriots

Cy3t_LhXgAAT5RN.jpg

Cy3uANUXAAIvhsx.jpg

Cy3uDA7W8AAvxIQ.jpg

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Improve attendance in 6 ways.

1. Win
2. video score board (kiss cam)
3. more give aways,
4. radio headsets-- let fans rent or buy a headset to listen to the radio broadcast. Several SEC schools, such as Alabama and Auburn, partner with LiveSportsRadio to rent headsets to fans. I wouldn't be into it, but I bet someone would be into it.
5. Advertise VIP lounge - Alumni come in and give them food and drinks before the game.- I know we have this, but let get something nicer then just standing behind a curtain.
6. more tailgates- and maybe the culture has changed this year, but last year I had a portable tailgate grill I bought at Dicks after I saw everyone at redskins stadium with them. and I was told I couldn't use the grill because it used mini propane bottles.

***. Idk how mason could do it, but I would appreciate more comfortable seats. I rather the max capacity be 7k and allow for bigger seats and leg room. (maybe next stadium)

If you have these sorts of ideas- send an email to someone at athletics-

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason was one of the best teams in the country during 2011, average bball fan in fairfax didn't seem to care much.

2011 was a "show me" year. The year before we lost to Radford by almost 30 points wound of losing 6 of the last 8 games down the stretch, and then blowing a huge lead to Fairfield in the CBI (or CIT, I forget which).

So, it's understandable fans didn't show up at the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. But check out he home attendance at the end.

ODU: 9,840 (soldout Homecoming)
JMU: for some reason there is no box score for JMU, but I'm sure it was a big crowd.
Northeastern: 9,311

Now, granted two of those games are against ODU and JMU (usually highly attended), but look at 9,300 people showing up for Northeastern). Packed houses are possible here.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
JMU: for some reason there is no box score for JMU, but I'm sure it was a big crowd.

Now, granted two of those games are against ODU and JMU (usually highly attended), but look at 9,300 people showing up for Northeastern). Packed houses are possible here.
Yea, I remember the last few home games of that season. JMU was definitely close to that 9,000 mark as well. That team won 16 games in a row - winning will help fill the seats in the Pat Dome, yet again.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
2011 was a "show me" year. The year before we lost to Radford by almost 30 points wound of losing 6 of the last 8 games down the stretch, and then blowing a huge lead to Fairfield in the CBI (or CIT, I forget which).

So, it's understandable fans didn't show up at the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. But check out he home attendance at the end.

The JMU game was also officially a sell-out (9,840).

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

Wasn't Barea on that Northeastern team and there was NBA talk at that time?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://gomason.com/news/2011/2/24/205103228.aspx?path=mbball:

"FAIRFAX, Va. - The George Mason men's basketball team trailed by five in the second half, but as they have done more often recently than any team in the country, the Patriots found a way to win in a 67-61 victory over Northeastern on Thursday night before 9,366 fans in the home finale. The win, Mason's 14th -straight, gives the Patriots sole ownership of the Colonial Athletic Association regular season title and ensures the top seed in next week's conference tournament.

The victory also gave Mason (24-5, 15-2 CAA) a perfect 14-0 record at home this season, the second time in school history and second time in the last three seasons the Patriots have done so. The Huskies fell to 10-19 and 5-12 in league play.

Leading the way with his second-straight double-double was junior Ryan Pearson , who had game highs of 18 points and 15 rebounds. In the first half, Pearson became just the 15th Mason player to register 1,000 points and 500 rebounds in a career, and is the newest member of Mason's 31-person 1,000-point club. Joining him in double figures was senior Cam Long with 13 points and nine rebounds while redshirt freshman Vertrail Vaughns had 11 points. Jonathan Lee had 18 points while Chaisson Allen scored 14 points and 12 rebounds to pace the Huskies.

Mason captured the CAA regular season crown for the first time since the 2005-06 season when it shared the title with UNC Wilmington, and the Patriots earned their first outright title in 11 seasons. The win was accomplished on the final home game for seniors Long and Isaiah Tate , and they were greeted by the largest weeknight home crowd in program history."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wasn't Barea on that Northeastern team and there was NBA talk at that time?

Barea wasn't on that team. Northeastern went 10-19 that year.

Their starting five were Kauri Black, Dinko (if you remember that stiff), Chaisson Allen, Jonathan Lee, and Joel Smith.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
During the good years I remember the crazy traffic on Braddock to get to the arena. During one vcu game I got into the game a little before half time due to traffic. These days I can drive right in 5 min before tip off.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't tell you how many people have told me some version of "I'm sitting this year out. I'll come back when they start winning." It's frustrating, but at least they're not saying they'll never come back.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I can't tell you how many people have told me some version of "I'm sitting this year out. I'll come back when they start winning." It's frustrating, but at least they're not saying they'll never come back.

"Fair-weather" fans may have good reason to avoid attending games, but we (or is it "us"?) die-hards will appreciate more the return to glory for having paid our dues!

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

2016-17 Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holder Benefits
  • Ability to exchange unused tickets
  • Ability to sell on ticket exchange
  • 80% usage Reward
  • Free Parking
  • Special access to season ticket holder events
  • State College Spikes Ticket Exchange event
  • Two Pre-game Buffets (11/11 and 12/7)
  • One Summer event with the Nittany Lions (Date TBD)

patriotchild

Starter

2016-17 Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holder Benefits
  • Ability to exchange unused tickets
  • Ability to sell on ticket exchange
  • 80% usage Reward
  • Free Parking
  • Special access to season ticket holder events
  • State College Spikes Ticket Exchange event
  • Two Pre-game Buffets (11/11 and 12/7)
  • One Summer event with the Nittany Lions (Date TBD)
That doesn't seem like unreasonable benefits...

The unused ticket exchanged needs to happen at Mason given that traffic probably prevents people from going during the week. Let us bring friends on a weekend game if we couldn't make a weekday.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
That doesn't seem like unreasonable benefits...

The unused ticket exchanged needs to happen at Mason given that traffic probably prevents people from going during the week. Let us bring friends on a weekend game if we couldn't make a weekday.

I thought you could e-mail tickets to someone (actually, I know you can, because I have done it before).