Possible Athletic Director scenarios

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
According to the press release from the school, the university will begin recruiting a new AD immediately.

O'Connor will remain at the university in a fundraising role until Jan. 2015.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
This does mean another year of Paul Ball. Going to be really tough to go through evaluation & hiring of new AD, let him/her do their evaluation, and fire/hire a new coach.

On the plus side, I'm also betting it means Hewitt's got 1 year left.

expendable smurf

Four-star Recruit
This hire will tell me a lot about Cabrera...
Eh, more likely to be confirmation bias either way. Without knowing the process, the hire may not tell us much about Cabrera. He's a strong university president who doesn't have much experience hiring within athletics so he'll rely upon others to advise him. Those are things we probably already know, but we're unlikely to know all of the options he's considering.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Eh, more likely to be confirmation bias either way. Without knowing the process, the hire may not tell us much about Cabrera. He's a strong university president who doesn't have much experience hiring within athletics so he'll rely upon others to advise him. Those are things we probably already know, but we're unlikely to know all of the options he's considering.

Are there any recently-fired, ACC retread ADs available?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Would we prefer the hiring of an athletic administrator from a school with football? Now, I'm not saying that Mason should start a football program, but shouldn't the school give football the appropriate consideration?