Possible Athletic Director scenarios

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
From everything I've seen from El Presidente, he already has it figured out. Kind of like when the Admiral tells Jack Ryan "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

A successful businessman doesn't make his moves until he already knows the end. My guess is he already knows who he is going to hire and whether PH will be retained this year.

I don't know ... but El Presidente does ... I'm sure of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Ken Kavanagh - Really good job of building Florida Gulf Coast's athletic dept across the board and he's done damn well at hiring basketball coaches (Enfield and now Joe Dooley).

"Overall, 2012-13 was the most successful in FGCU annals, as the Eagles became the first A-Sun school in six years to capture all three of the conference’s All-Sport Trophies (Men’s, Women’s, and Combined). Five programs earned conference titles, and eight programs were represented in the postseason (seven in the NCAAs).

In the Fall, FGCU made a clean sweep of the Atlantic Sun regular-season team championships, as both men’s and women’s soccer pieced together three-peats and the volleyball program used a 15-game conference win streak to claim its third crown in six years – the three sports combined for a 29-4-2 record in A-Sun action. The soccer squads were one of just two programs in the country to win both conference tournaments"

Te gusta futbol, Presidente, no?

http://www.fgcuathletics.com/athletics/directory/1320/ken-kavanagh/

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Dave Braine will be forever known for signing Paul Hewitt to the infamous auto-rollover contract, which wound up costing Ga. Tech $7 million to make Hewitt go away.

Helluva legacy, that.

So we hire him to come in and give Hewitt the same deal after the outstanding feat of being 7th place in the A-10 and losing in the first round of the NIT, right?

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We need to shake loose some of the Koch money for basketball like Wichita State was able to do. The Kochs are already two of our biggest donors.

Lol...what if we spammed the entire Forbes top 500 Rich list? I'm serious but not serious at the same time.

Bricker

Starter
All I know is that we need someone who realizes that the women's astronomy team is the most important thing we have going at Mason right now. Constellation spotting is the fastest growing sport in New Zealand by a mile (a country that has already made the r-word illegal, punishable with 30-days in jail, btw).

So I ask you-- how can we expect to compete for freshman applicants if we keep wasting time and energy on men's basketball?

The first thing the new AD has to do is remove the handrails from the Pat Dome and sell them for scrap value. That should get the ball rolling on the new astronomy uniforms we've so desperately needed...

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We need to shake loose some of the Koch money for basketball like Wichita State was able to do. The Kochs are already two of our biggest donors.

Those guys were the only reason I could find to root against Wichita State. I usually willfully forget about their Mason connection.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Those guys were the only reason I could find to root against Wichita State. I usually willfully forget about their Mason connection.
Maybe they aren't who you think they are. Most crap I read about them is wrong.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
All we need is the Balls brothers to step up their donations.