Porter Transferring?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Not a terribly well kept secret. Thought he was great out of the gate last year and regressed as the year went on. Didn't earn the starting spot but got it anyway.

Sad part is the year off will do him well.

Dawgs99

Starter
I'll be real curious as to where he ends up...he probably could have been a real solid player in the A10. Can he play in a BCS league? He must think so. Good luck to man.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
seriously gmuEx, you gotta gotta copy my avatar???? lol....

as for porter....he will bulk up and be decent where ever he goes.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not surprised that we're having attrition, especially after listening to that radio interview DP did with the Wisconsin station.

He was very clear that the new staff will value basketball skill, as opposed to Hewitt's obsession with length and athleticism.

Porter isn't particularly skilled. That makes him a bad fit for our program moving forward, and he's not alone in that regard. Plus, his departure gives DP another scholarship to use on a guard or maybe even a grad transfer big who can provide more rugged defense in the short term.

I do think Trey can be successful if he makes the most of a redshirt year and puts some meat on his bones.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
My first reaction was "really, who needs him anyways?" But then after the emotions settled down I remember that I didn't hold it against Luke when he made the determination that a transfer would be in his best interest. In the same vein, Trey made the same decision. I wish him the best of luck in the future, so long as it's not at that art school two hours below us.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Look on the bright side: You probably don't want to have everyone back from a 9-win team anyhow. Some turnover is a good thing.

Reactions: DAK

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The only reason I am surprised is he is a local kid and I thought that was the big reason he wanted to attend Mason.

Maybe Trey didn't fit into DP's plans and he didn't really have much choice but leave. It happens after coaching changes.

Dawgs99

Starter
My first reaction was "really, who needs him anyways?" But then after the emotions settled down I remember that I didn't hold it against Luke when he made the determination that a transfer would be in his best interest. In the same vein, Trey made the same decision. I wish him the best of luck in the future, so long as it's not at that art school two hours below us.

I believe if you transfer to another A10 school you have to sit out 2 full seasons...don't think he'll end up at vcu or any other A10 school. Maybe ODU? I think they were recruiting him out of high school.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Best of luck to Trey! I'll miss his shot blocking & mid-range jumper. I have no clue on why he's leaving. But, he's majoring in kinesiology, so I'm guessing that he will transfer to a school that offers a graduate program in this field.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Best of luck to Trey! I'll miss his shot blocking & mid-range jumper. I have no clue on why he's leaving. But, he's majoring in kinesiology, so I'm guessing that he will transfer to a school that offers a graduate program in this field.

I doubt Porter is too worried about grad school at this time.