Please write Brad Edwards

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
bedwards@gmu.edu

I know many of you will say it won't make a difference. But I disagree. Consistent, persistent input by fans may make a difference with our new AD. Even if it doesn't make a difference, just please take a second to write him a quick note about your displeasure with Hewitt.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a long diatribe. Just take a quick second to send him a message via e-mail, Twitter or any other social media.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
bedwards@gmu.edu

I know many of you will say it won't make a difference. But I disagree. Consistent, persistent input by fans may make a difference with our new AD. Even if it doesn't make a difference, just please take a second to write him a quick note about your displeasure with Hewitt.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a long diatribe. Just take a quick second to send him a message via e-mail, Twitter or any other social media.

Done via e-mail. Hope Edwards at least reads it.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Call the sponsors. They will listen to them. Not so much to fans/ alumni. If McKay calls to pull her 6 figure sponsorship, bet your a** they kisten. Thats right, kisten. Listen and kiss dat a**!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, I'm not on board with that either. If we had more sponsors and big donors like that school down south, we would have been able to pay Coach L more or buy out Hewitt's contract before it ends. The last thing we need is less money.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think GS was saying that the only way we're getting any traction with Cabrera/Edwards is if the sponsors are pissed.

I didn't read it as encouraging them to abandon the university -- just express their dissatisfaction with the direction of the program.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
No need to write Brad, just send him pics of this guy:
image.jpg

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
If the new AD can't see what is going on without receiving spam emails, then he isn't the right hire either. He will fire Hewitt. Just a matter of when. I think they'll negotiate a buyout of the final year after this season.

wijg

Starter
I would hope Edwards can see it, too, but don't take anything for granted. One could make a decent argument that he should have been able to tell by looking at the video tape of the last three years.

Obviously, he can't come out and say he is going to fire Hewitt until he actually does it. But, you also don't want him to allow year 5 to be a lame duck season either with the logic that we cant afford to pay out the last year while paying a new coach.

A constant, polite reminder that he needs to get rid of him by the end of the year, hopefully before he earns that ridiculous retention bonus before the season even ends, would be a good thing. Very few people seemed to voice their concerns last year. Would hate to get to the point of no return and have them be like "no one was voicing displeasure, so we really couldn't justify the additional expense"

OP
L

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would hope Edwards can see it, too, but don't take anything for granted. One could make a decent argument that he should have been able to tell by looking at the video tape of the last three years.

Obviously, he can't come out and say he is going to fire Hewitt until he actually does it. But, you also don't want him to allow year 5 to be a lame duck season either with the logic that we cant afford to pay out the last year while paying a new coach.

A constant, polite reminder that he needs to get rid of him by the end of the year, hopefully before he earns that ridiculous retention bonus before the season even ends, would be a good thing. Very few people seemed to voice their concerns last year. Would hate to get to the point of no return and have them be like "no one was voicing displeasure, so we really couldn't justify the additional expense"

Well said.

Also, we lose nothing by sending an e-mail every once in a while. Worse case, it never gets read or ignored. Best case, as Wijg said it gets read and gets an Amen from the AD.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Has anyone received a response? I wrote late Monday night and cc'd Cabrera, and haven't gotten anything as of yet. I figure his inbox gets pretty full, but I'm just curious.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Seriously, don't you think that Edwards has enough on his plate without responding to the Paul Hewitt issue? He will soon replace his second head coach since he's been AD here, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come. And, there's also planning for the overall strategy of Mason sports.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Seriously, don't you think that Edwards has enough on his plate without responding to the Paul Hewitt issue? He will soon replace his second head coach since he's been AD here, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come. And, there's also planning for the overall strategy of Mason sports.

All I wrote to him was my thoughts on the current status of the basketball program and what it means to me. I thought since many others may have written him, I'm interested to see what the response was (even if it was a canned, thanks for writing in). The current status of the program to me, doesn't include just Hewitt's status.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
All I wrote to him was my thoughts on the current status of the basketball program and what it means to me. I thought since many others may have written him, I'm interested to see what the response was (even if it was a canned, thanks for writing in). The current status of the program to me, doesn't include just Hewitt's status.

I'm not sure how you separate the current status of the program with Hewitt's status. But, regardless, I believe that Edwards has been tasked to clean house.

Masonfan3

Starter
I'd be interested to hear what some of you asked BE to do. I am just as upset with what has happened the past few years but remember we are only 2 games into Edwards tenure as AD for our basketball team. What do you expect him to do..fire Hewitt and have who coach the team the rest of the year? Hewitt is not a good coach, but for some reason the players really like him, and I would argue that we probably have some of the worst Assistant Coaches in the country. Fire him now and this team would finish with about 3 wins, players would probably leave after the fall semester and no one will show up to the games. Sounds exactly like something the AD wants to have happen in his first year...
Having said that, I am not opposed to writing him but that letter should have been written this past summer or mid way through this season(at the earliest).