Please write Brad Edwards

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
who is a freshman these days? honestly all of our first yr players are better than any class i've seen

If you're judging them as recruits - and how could you by any other standard at this point just a couple games in - they're not close to the Cornelius, Pearson, Morrison, Foster class either.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you're judging them as recruits - and how could you by any other standard at this point just a couple games in - they're not close to the Cornelius, Pearson, Morrison, Foster class either.

Not quite sure you can make any determination from the current crop (to include smccart5's comment), especially since Lockett is still wearing a knee brace after offseason surgery and Mayimba is stuck in NCAA hell.

Porter and Thompson look very promising though.

P

PHHewitt

Spectator
Dear fans,
Reading over these boards I am shocked at what can be said about a school, its basketball program, and its fine student athletes. Among posts I see numerous personal attacks to me, the program, the former athletic director, the players, and the players' family members. This kind of action, although you may see it as venting your frustrations over a few close games of late, is detrimental to not only the basketball program and its prospects of landing top recruits, but to the university as a whole. These actions, especially disgusting and slanderous photos and wikipedia articles will not be tolerated. Please, for the sake of our beloved team and university, think twice before you post on here.

Sincerely,

P. H. Hewitt

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If Hewitt loved the university he would give back the $3 million he stole.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The product on the floor isn't my only problem. I felt so connected to the program...

You hit the nail on the head for me, 2000. While it would be unfair to compare anybody to Coach L off the court, he created a fraternity amongst fans. Even in the rare down years, he was accessible and accountable at Insider events, Brion's and even email. Hell, I even went to a party at his house once.

I haven't gone to the last two Insiders dinners, because I really didn't think I was part of anything special. Hewitt is a nice enough guy, but I just got the impression he felt uncomfortable mingling with boosters. Winning is what he should ultimately be judged on, but it adds salt to the wound when you no longer feel a connection to a program you donate to every year.

Last edited:

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Honestly there is no Insiders anymore. There's some semblance of a boosters organization, but the last Insiders event was the dinner with Gary Williams a few years back. I loved that little "club" and I miss it almost as much as I miss winning home games

couchcoach

Sixth Man
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg
hewittbukak.jpg

Dawgs99

Starter
It is not just about losing the games at the immediate time. It is that his teams never seem to get any better. We did not seem to be executing whatever his plan was at the end of the year any better than we did at the beginning. For the most part, we are not getting beaten by better talent. We are getting beaten by better teams.

Completely agree with this....over his 4 years I really can't think of one team that got better as the year wore on. I guess you could argue that CBI team got better but I would point to JA's insertion into the lineup that made that team improve, nothing on the coaching end. The total lack of team improvement and the inability to hold any kind of home court advantage are really the death nail for me. Losing at home like we have under PH is not acceptable.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The product on the floor isn't my only problem. I felt so connected to the program and so proud to be associated with it, even if just financially, until 2011. I haven't written Edwards and I'm not sure I will. But if I do, it will be to list for him all the reasons I have become apathetic toward his entire department, and not just to bitch about the embarrassing losses. The ONLY thing about the entire experience of being a Mason MBB fan that has not gotten worse is the band. There is a chance this will be the first season since 1995 that I may not make it to a game. And I don't think I'll be missing anything. Sad.
Truth...Apathy has set in for me. Not mad or surprised anymore. Feel like something special has been taken away.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Not quite sure you can make any determination from the current crop (to include smccart5's comment), especially since Lockett is still wearing a knee brace after offseason surgery and Mayimba is stuck in NCAA hell.

Porter and Thompson look very promising though.

Thus the comment about judging them as recruits only and not what they've done on the floor. But I know how much you like to argue with anything I post and not back down from - not matter how stupid - so not going to worry about it.

You've sure been right on the Hewitt stuff you've disagreed with me previously though. Spot on!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thus the comment about judging them as recruits only and not what they've done on the floor. But I know how much you like to argue with anything I post and not back down from - not matter how stupid - so not going to worry about it.

You've sure been right on the Hewitt stuff you've disagreed with me previously though. Spot on!

Well, to be fair to me, I wasn't really arguing with you, but rather reinforcing that it's WAY too earlier to say either way.

But thanks for your biased read of my comments. That's always appreciated.

wijg

Starter
why brad edwards not respond my email? i send to him all my favorite picture of hewitt
couchcoach-If you included images like you have on hear, maybe his Mason email is preventing him from getting it or responding to it due to filters.

I know you don't know our traditions, being from Serbia (even though you seem to lapse in and out of perfect English). In the US, we have a tradition of wasting time at work reading these boards. While your images are funny, when you paste a bunch of them in a row, it makes it hard to scroll past them so that the pointy haired boss does not see us slacking off and fire us.

So, can you help your US brethren and not post copies of the same image repeatedly in threads.

Thanks,

WiJG