OT: NCAAT Discussion

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 6m
Dayton reported that its men's basketball program netted more than $7M last season.

Wow.

They have fantastic attendance. They were essentially tied with UMD for 25th in the country at 12,438 per game (UMD had 12,489).

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Having been to Dayton, it doesn't surprise me that their college sports are popular. Nothing else to do in that town.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I picked Dayton and my son gave me a bunch of crap for it.

Hopefully I'll be able to serve him a nice plate of crow today.

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Reality setting in for AU as they fall behind by 22 to Wisconsin. Colorado, meanwhile, has only managed 5 points in the first 8 minutes and is already down 16 to Pitt.

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Great win by Dayton and the A10. Glad I picked Dayton in one of my three pools. I still think they are the toughest team we played in our league this year.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dayton winning means another $125k to us, correct? I can't find the post where somebody outlined the distribution

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Damn, AU now down 69-31 and Colorado down 46-18.

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I have to say Aaron Craft from OSU was pretty impressive when you consider he had Bill Rafferty and Vern Lunquist sucking his balls the entire game. That had to make it extremely difficult to run up and down the court.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"After going into the break with momentum, Wisconsin kept its foot on the gas to start the second half. Trailing 19-13 in the first, the Badgers went on a 56-9 run to seize a 41-point advantage with 5:26 to go."

Ouch. A good season for American, but thats certainly a brutal run.

OP
gmutom

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Are they taking calls?

Nah, he just talked about the brackets and the matchups. Offered some good insight. He did mention he's on the road recruiting so he can make sure he and the team aren't watching the NCAAT next year, which was somewhat encouraging.

mason2k1, he never brought up his GT days. Bill brought it up a a few times, and then he referenced as an example when referring to Duke's current team. Anyway, back to discussing the NCAAT. We have enough Hewitt threads. I just figured people might want to listen t the interview.

Harvard is giving Cincinnati all they can handle. Could be our first 12/5 upset of the tournament.

Note: edited for clarity.

Last edited: