OT - FBI Uncovers Massive College Entrance Cheating Scheme

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
OMG, I didn't recognize the name Lori Loughlin at first. I was in love with her back in the days when Full House was airing new shows.

FreeGunston12

All-American
This is nuts. Are they paying severe overage vs the 4 yr tuition for some ego trip or is something else going on?? My gut says its parents trying to keep up with Jones's, or become a jones.
As a teacher, nothing that parents do to pretend their children are perfect will ever surprise me. Especially in this area. Especially, especially in the school where I teach.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm waiting to read the job offers are just as good for Mason grads as the name brand schools........and nope. The vt guy steals the thunder. And we got labeled a commuter school.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm waiting to read the job offers are just as good for Mason grads as the name brand schools........and nope. The vt guy steals the thunder. And we got labeled a commuter school.
Mason has the highest amount of students living on campus in Virginia. But Mason also has the most amount of commuter students.

It’s an interesting dynamic.

Last edited:

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason has the highest amount of students lvig on campus in Virginia. But Mason also has the most amount of commuter students.

It’s an interesting dynamic.
Granted at schools like VT and UVA, living "off-campus" usually means living across the street in a private apartment. If the true number of people living within a mile of campus was factored in, those schools would have way more on-campus than Mason does.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm loving the beautiful irony of these parents paying large amounts of money to get their idiotic children into elite schools, and instead of them getting a degree from an Ivy League school, they're just getting called stupid by the feds in publicly available court documents.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Granted at schools like VT and UVA, living "off-campus" usually means living across the street in a private apartment. If the true number of people living within a mile of campus was factored in, those schools would have way more on-campus than Mason does.
Great point. And living off campus I imagine is considerably more expensive in Fairfax than Charlottesville or Blacksburg.