OT: Conference Realignment

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I thought that the SoCon would be the best spot for Richmond, but their recruiting base is mid-atlantic/northeast. W&M will likely want to move all sports together, and I'm not sure how the Patriot or SoCon line up with that. On the surface, they seem like a good fit for either. Hopefully they can keep their annual game with Richmond.

If W&M is out then the SoCon can go grab Elon and Campbell.
I could see one added with a public. From what I have heard, the SoCon powers want a balance of power between the publics and the privates. Ideally, W&M and Elon.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With Richmond moving to the Patriot League, I looked at who else plays in the Patriot League.

I had no idea Georgetown even had a football team, haha. Their “stadium” only holds 3,700 people. For comparison, George Mason’s soccer stadium has a capacity of 5,000.

Edit: this is not me advocating for football. I just didn’t know Georgetown had football.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With Richmond moving to the Patriot League, I looked at who else plays in the Patriot League.

I had no idea Georgetown even had a football team, haha. Their “stadium” only holds 3,700 people. For comparison, George Mason’s soccer stadium has a capacity of 5,000.
And Georgetown's team is non-scholarship. But I bet the players get an above average "academic" or needs-based scholarships.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I believe it is 1-AA football
and Fordham is also a member of that Football conference

Not hearing much about adding another school to the A10 lately. Did hear that LaSalle is planning to add baseball back to its program (effectively backfilling the UMass loss from a baseball perspective).