Open practice - August 9th

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Consistency from Copes would be nice to see. Hopefully Johnson followed up his Copes conversation on consistency with a Hewitt consistency convo. I really don't recall GMU putting together more than 2-3 games in a row of well played basketball together under Hewitt. Even the 24-9 season was made up of ugly wins against cupcake competition. I recall the team barely escaping a 1 win Towson team at home that year, among others.

I know there is never a "bad win", but can you think of a worse win in school history than our squeaking by a 1 win Towson?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I remember not putting the game away (home, at least) until a minute left in the game. Maybe we scored some at the end, but it was nip and tuck for 39 minutes. I remember Benimon was a beast.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, I remember it ending up a double digit game but screaming and yelling on the edge of my seat until pretty much the end as Mason allowed Towson to hang around. On the other hand, I clicked on a Green Machine clip from the year before recently. It happened to be from L's last season and from a home game against Towson. GMU had something like a 25 point lead. Memories.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
....On the other hand, I clicked on a Green Machine clip from the year before recently. It happened to be from L's last season and from a home game against Towson. GMU had something like a 25 point lead. Memories.

One coach got his players to play defense for 40 mins, the other coach got his players ready to tweet from the bench.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I remember it ending up a double digit game but screaming and yelling on the edge of my seat until pretty much the end as Mason allowed Towson to hang around. On the other hand, I clicked on a Green Machine clip from the year before recently. It happened to be from L's last season and from a home game against Towson. GMU had something like a 25 point lead. Memories.

Somebody probably has this information, but when was the last time we won a game by more than 20 points? I know last year our walk-on, Rudy, didn't even get it. I'm sure somewhere we won by over 20, I just can't think of when off the top of my head.

Somebody probably has this information, but when was the last time we won a game by more than 20 points? I know last year our walk-on, Rudy, didn't even get it. I'm sure somewhere we won by over 20, I just can't think of when off the top of my head.

@ Hofstra in the 2012-13 season. 79-50.

Arledge 20 points in 19 minutes.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Me too. Should tell a lot. We should beat a coach we didn't want and a school that values football over basketball easily.

The key word being "should".

But, more importantly, how the Patriots play against a former teammate.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm looking forward to the ODU game as well, and watching Arledge have the game of his life against Mason. :bricks:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If ODU beats us in Fairfax, I think we'll hear the fat lady singing on Hewitt's tenure as head coach.

Even Blaine Taylor's teams were mostly helpless against us at the PC, and those teams usually were a lot better than the team ODU will have in 2014-15.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If ODU beats us in Fairfax, I think we'll hear the fat lady singing on Hewitt's tenure as head coach..

No ODU loss we ever take at home will equal the one when we allowed Dahi to hit a prayer 3-pointer at the buzzer to force OT. We then proceeded to get a**-raped 10-0 on our home court in the extra session.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No ODU loss we ever take at home will equal the one when we allowed Dahi to hit a prayer 3-pointer at the buzzer to force OT. We then proceeded to get a**-raped 10-0 on our home court in the extra session.

Be careful what you say Tom...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Be careful what you say Tom...

I'm not saying we won't lose to ODU or anybody at home this year. I'm just saying nothing will sting like that previous game. The only thing we needed to do on that last possession was not give up a 3, and we proceeded to do just that. Sounds like a certain Penn State game, doesn't it?

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I'm not saying we won't lose to ODU or anybody at home this year. I'm just saying nothing will sting like that previous game. The only thing we needed to do on that last possession was not give up a 3, and we proceeded to do just that. Sounds like a certain Penn State game, doesn't it?

And a certain Fairfield game...