Open practice - August 9th

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The silence on this thread is deafening. I will no doubt go but I don't expect to gain much from it. We lost 20 games last year so if we beat up on ourselves what does that really mean? If Julian scores 20 against Marko, well hell doesn't everyone do that? I will be going to find out injury status and that's about it. It will be interesting to see if Marquise plays and what the status of Lockett is. Knee hurt or not? I like watching train wrecks so I'm on board. Beers at Brion's before? Who's with me? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no, and it ain't over now.

The silence on this thread is deafening. I will no doubt go but I don't expect to gain much from it. We lost 20 games last year so if we beat up on ourselves what does that really mean? If Julian scores 20 against Marko, well hell doesn't everyone do that? I will be going to find out injury status and that's about it. It will be interesting to see if Marquise plays and what the status of Lockett is. Knee hurt or not? I like watching train wrecks so I'm on board. Beers at Brion's before? Who's with me? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no, and it ain't over now.

save your money. this team sucks.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Props to Kish though for being pro-active and creating these meet-ups/events. I really liked the Meet-up at Brion's and will most likely go to this event.

I wish Mason Athletics or the Patriot Club did an annual family event (maybe sometime in between Mason Madness and the first game) for season ticket holders and donors where we can see the players showcase their stuff and interact with the players. Maybe a 3 point and dunk contest, see some drills and a scrimmage. Music, games, and food for the fans. Also set up tables for a chance to get autographs.

2 or 3 years ago they did something kind of like this except a little more primitive and impromptu. I thought it was a great experience and wished Mason built on in.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason build on something??? Now that's an idea! Until they find passionate people to work that department it will never happen. That's why I lobbying to have the eldest members of these boards appointed to the highest possible positions in the AD.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Props to Kish though for being pro-active and creating these meet-ups/events. I really liked the Meet-up at Brion's and will most likely go to this event.

I wish Mason Athletics or the Patriot Club did an annual family event (maybe sometime in between Mason Madness and the first game) for season ticket holders and donors where we can see the players showcase their stuff and interact with the players. Maybe a 3 point and dunk contest, see some drills and a scrimmage. Music, games, and food for the fans. Also set up tables for a chance to get autographs.

2 or 3 years ago they did something kind of like this except a little more primitive and impromptu. I thought it was a great experience and wished Mason built on in.

That sounds like an awesome idea. I really hope someone from the AD reads this and acts on it.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
That sounds like an awesome idea. I really hope someone from the AD reads this and acts on it.
Why so they can do it and then it gets criticized like it did 2 years ago? The AD held an open practice in the RAC before the 2012-13 season and over on the CAAZone boards people complained that the team should have been having a real practice, not a glorified scrimmage to increase it's PR, and that Hewitt was doing it to get cred with the fans.

No matter what the AD and the team does people on here are gonna bitch about it, that's the simply truth.

I have been a donor and a season ticket holder for nearly two decades. When i have a question or a problem I call Max Baker at the P Club or Kevin McNamee. I almost always get a prompt and reasonable response - I don't always agree but at least I said my peace. i'm so tired of people ranting anonymously on these boards about every little thing, and then when they get what they want, they complain about that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Why so they can do it and then it gets criticized like it did 2 years ago? The AD held an open practice in the RAC before the 2012-13 season and over on the CAAZone boards people complained that the team should have been having a real practice, not a glorified scrimmage to increase it's PR, and that Hewitt was doing it to get cred with the fans.

No matter what the AD and the team does people on here are gonna bitch about it, that's the simply truth.

I have been a donor and a season ticket holder for nearly two decades. When i have a question or a problem I call Max Baker at the P Club or Kevin McNamee. I almost always get a prompt and reasonable response - I don't always agree but at least I said my peace. i'm so tired of people ranting anonymously on these boards about every little thing, and then when they get what they want, they complain about that.

Winning cures all. If our program didn't suck right now, nobody would be complaining about anything. But unfortunately, it does.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
That's why I lobbying to have the eldest members of these boards appointed to the highest possible positions in the AD.

Well, that has to include me! BTW, as GS and I have discussed on this board, Larranaga always held open practices. Why shouldn't Hewitt do the same?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

This is called Homecoming

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Well, that has to include me! BTW, as GS and I have discussed on this board, Larranaga always held open practices. Why shouldn't Hewitt do the same?

I watched countless Larranaga practices. Walked right in. Got a hey whats up from Coach Kellogg, now at Umass, Coach Courtney, now at Cornell, and if he wasn't too grumpy, Coach L, aka OCM. The culture now I assume is different.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Got a glimpse of basketball practice (from outside the door) at the RAC this afternoon. Had a brief chat with James Johnson who just dropped in to visit with the team. He encouraged Copes to be more consistent.

Pizza for the team after practice.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This event just got more formal. Just received a Patriot Club email about this. Looks like the Q&A with Hewitt will be at Brion's Grille after the practice.

MasonCrew

Starter
Can't make it but interested to see if Moore plays. His tweet said he'd be ready for the season, but is he out for the summer? Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see many updates on the Moore injury thread.

Also, very interested to see how Royal plays. Perhaps naively, I am very interested in the team this season.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Can't make it but interested to see if Moore plays. His tweet said he'd be ready for the season, but is he out for the summer? Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see many updates on the Moore injury thread.

Also, very interested to see how Royal plays. Perhaps naively, I am very interested in the team this season.

The team has been practicing in the RAC most days this week. I haven't noticed Moore, so I'm presuming that he's still recovering. Is he going to Spain with the team for the "bonding" even if he won't play?