Old Friend Visiting..........

Dukester

Recruit
After 15 years of corresponding it's been a couple years.....

Question - I know I'm setting myself up :chuckle:

But would you guys be interested in renewing a series with us? We were the beast at one time, then you were, but either way when the two teams played it usually was one of the bigger attendance games on each of our home schedules.

Would you guys want the series renewed? I kinda miss you guys....

After 15 years of corresponding it's been a couple years.....

Question - I know I'm setting myself up :chuckle:

But would you guys be interested in renewing a series with us? We were the beast at one time, then you were, but either way when the two teams played it usually was one of the bigger attendance games on each of our home schedules.

Would you guys want the series renewed? I kinda miss you guys....

Yes. Make it so.

I'm afraid you blew a chance to pad your shrinking lead in the all-time series during the Hewitt years. But we would love to renew.

Most of people you once knew from the Zone have long since departed or killed themselves. And those of us that remain--we are shadows of our former selves.

How are things in Harrisonburg? How are you coping there with the imminent threat of Ebola?

couchcoach

Sixth Man
Yes. Make it so.

I'm afraid you blew a chance to pad your shrinking lead in the all-time series during the Hewitt years. But we would love to renew.

Most of people you once knew from the Zone have long since departed or killed themselves. And those of us that remain--we are shadows of our former selves.

How are things in Harrisonburg? How are you coping there with the imminent threat of Ebola?
niko here now.

OP
D

Dukester

Recruit
Yes. Make it so.

We had a win versus Richmond today, but that's probably the regular season highlight of the last 5 years or more........ Attendance is nowhere near where it used to be.....:googlyeyed:

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Quality picture threads are also a thing of the past. No good natured humor using GMU/JMU stereotypes...Ah, the good ole days.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
God yes. I love riding off on the JMU women, plundering and pruning the hedges of your very small villages.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Whoever is responsible for Mason and JMU not playing last year and this year needs to be hunted down and shot.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You just think you can sneak a few more wins in while Hewitt is still around. Well, don't worry, we'll restart the series once our new coach has a year to implement his system with the players so we can continue to kick your butts.

wijg

Starter
After the last 4 years, I finally know the pain that Madison fans have felt for the last decade plus. I also know why they have the fans with the best senses of humor. Sadly, Mason fans are developing great senses of humor, too.

Hell yes, we should play JMU.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
After the last 4 years, I finally know the pain that Madison fans have felt for the last decade plus. I also know why they have the fans with the best senses of humor. Sadly, Mason fans are developing great senses of humor, too.

Hell yes, we should play JMU.

Hewitt reminds me a lot of Brady (and Brady's situation) at JMU -- a lot of talented, athletic players, but who play undisciplined and make too many unforced errors to win consistently. Brady also tends to throw his players under the bus and have a lot of built in excuses with transfers and injured players (how many years were Semenov and Moore at JMU, like 10?) My fear is Hewitt will get his last year and just like Brady everything will somehow magically fall into place and we'll make the NCAA tournament and be stuck with him for another three.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I've already posted elsewhere that we should be playing JMU every year. Somebody at the ODU game told me that we didn't sign a deal with them last year because we were worried about the RPI hit. Ha, now we are the RPI hit.....

The N Iowa deal was a 4 year deal because both schools thought we'd both benefit from playing a quality OOC game. Sorry to the N Iowa Panthers that we couldn't hold up our end of that deal.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What is going on with the Spiders? Not off to a good start. I thought they had a good coach.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Oh, my. I just took a look at Spider Nation. You would think Hewitt is their coach. The pitchforks are out.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Per JMU Mens basketball on twitter:

JMU Men's Basketball @JMUMBasketball · 3h 3 hours ago
Brady: "We've tried" to play in-state foes. "We've tried ODU and it didn't fit, but we'll be starting a series with George Mason next year."

This appears to conflict with what A-Siegfried posted:

"JMU had no interest in playing us.
We, I believe, did not reach out to Towson.
No idea on WM."
A.-Siegfried, Monday at 10:51 AMReport

I wonder if A-Siegfried's information came from the same source who told him that the AD was bankrupct?

This appears to conflict with what A-Siegfried posted:

"JMU had no interest in playing us.
We, I believe, did not reach out to Towson.
No idea on WM."
A.-Siegfried, Monday at 10:51 AMReport

I wonder if A-Siegfried's information came from the same source who told him that the AD was bankrupct?

When the. Topic of JMU came up when we left for the A-10 it was my understanding JMU had no interest. Things have obviously changed.

As far as the department being in dire straights as far as cash goes, again if you don't believe me, just ask around. I stand by it. Mason's athletic department is hurting for cash in a big way.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
When the. Topic of JMU came up when we left for the A-10 it was my understanding JMU had no interest. Things have obviously changed.

As far as the department being in dire straights as far as cash goes, again if you don't believe me, just ask around. I stand by it. Mason's athletic department is hurting for cash in a big way.

I recommend that you start your posts with "I believe", rather than try to convince us of your certainty. If so, there should be less confusion regarding your posts.

I believe that there is no possible way we could afford to eat two years of Hewitt and hire a new coach, with both our lack of money and the travel commitments MBB and other programs have committed to.

One year, a lot more doable.