⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Their Center looks like a giant brick wall.

Team.JPG

phoenix-arizona

All-American
If they are a cohesive unit from previous seasons together I can see them coming into Fairfax and winning. GMU is going to have a new coach, opening night tightness, ect.

I would also like to see a sea-wolf in nature.

IMG_1654.JPG

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He averaged 3.1 minutes a game, .06 points, and .08 rebounds as a Junior. Sounds like the same type of true center Paulsen would have recruited.
Only if he averages 20 and 12 in practices but looks like he’s never seen a whiteboard in games.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
it's a long story but i saw Stonybrook play once before

Vassar at Stonybrook, 80-81 season

Vassar had just started admitting men
and Stonybrook may have been Division II

It was not a very good game
i can see that Stonybrook has improved
i hope that Vassar also has

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyway- Stony Brook was picked to win the America East this year. Last year they finished 7th but since Pikiell they have been pretty good record wise. Frankie Policelli and Juan Felix Rodriguez are there two leading scorers coming back. Rodriguez shot 35% from deep last year. This should be a pretty good first home game and it certainly seems like a good challenge.

What ever happened to Washingtonian??? He always used to start game threads. He’s been MIA the last 2 years. Hope everything is okay.

He just left the boards but he is good.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well, here is what I was going to post tomorrow.

The Game 1 Thread: GMU (0-0) vs Stony Brook (0-0) on Tuesday, November 9, at 7 PM.

Stony Brook is picked 1st in preseason America East polls. You can throw out their 9-14 (7-9) record from last year.

Schedule: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

The Seawolves return their top three scorers from the 20-21 season. 6’0” Juan Felix Rodriguez averaged 13.3 ppg last year. 6’7” Frankie Policelli averaged 10.7 ppg and 6’4” Tykei Greene chipped in 9.7ppg and 6.9 rebounds per contest. 6’9” Jayden Sayles (9.5 ppg & 4.9 reb) started 19 games for the Seawolves last year.

Two key additions should help Stony Brook reach the top of the America East Conference this year. The first is Miami transfer, 6’5” Elijah Olaniyi, who has been picked to the preseason America East 1st team. He played for Stony brook from 2017-2020 and was a two time All-America East performer. He transferred to Miami for the 20-21 season and returns to Stony Brook as a grad student this year. He averaged 10.5 ppg and 5.1 rebounds for the Hurricanes last season.

The second is 6’0” Jahlil Jenkins who left Farleigh Dickinson to join the Seawolves. He is a graduate student who scored 1,698 points in his 4 years at FDU and averaged 14.4 points, 4.0 assists, and 1.6 steals per game over his career there. He shot 38.9% from 3 over his final two years at FDU.

Stony Brook averaged 66.2 ppg while giving up 65.6 ppg last year. As a team they shot 41.2% from the field and 29.6% from 3. Opponents shot 40.7% from the field and 33.2% from 3. They averaged 13.9 turnovers per game during the 20-21 season.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: This should be a very competitive game and will serve as a good test. DeShawn Schwartz introduces himself to the Fairfax faithful by scoring 19 points including a 3 at the buzzer to pull out the win. GMU 71 - Stony Brook 70. Pandemonium ensues as fans actually yell and cheer the Mason win! Elderly fans who don’t like noise complain, but now that the “No Fun Police” are gone complaints fall on deaf ears. A new game day culture begins to emerge at EBA.

Discuss.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well, here is what I was going to post tomorrow.

The Game 1 Thread: GMU (0-0) vs Stony Brook (0-0) on Tuesday, November 9, at 7 PM.

Stony Brook is picked 1st in preseason America East polls. You can throw out their 9-14 (7-9) record from last year.

Schedule: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

The Seawolves return their top three scorers from the 20-21 season. 6’0” Juan Felix Rodriguez averaged 13.3 ppg last year. 6’7” Frankie Policelli averaged 10.7 ppg and 6’4” Tykei Greene chipped in 9.7ppg and 6.9 rebounds per contest. 6’9” Jayden Sayles (9.5 ppg & 4.9 reb) started 19 games for the Seawolves last year.

Two key additions should help Stony Brook reach the top of the America East Conference this year. The first is Miami transfer, 6’5” Elijah Olaniyi, who has been picked to the preseason America East 1st team. He played for Stony brook from 2017-2020 and was a two time All-America East performer. He transferred to Miami for the 20-21 season and returns to Stony Brook as a grad student this year. He averaged 10.5 ppg and 5.1 rebounds for the Hurricanes last season.

The second is 6’0” Jahlil Jenkins who left Farleigh Dickinson to join the Seawolves. He is a graduate student who scored 1,698 points in his 4 years at FDU and averaged 14.4 points, 4.0 assists, and 1.6 steals per game over his career there. He shot 38.9% from 3 over his final two years at FDU.

Stony Brook averaged 66.2 ppg while giving up 65.6 ppg last year. As a team they shot 41.2% from the field and 29.6% from 3. Opponents shot 40.7% from the field and 33.2% from 3. They averaged 13.9 turnovers per game during the 20-21 season.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: This should be a very competitive game and will serve as a good test. DeShawn Schwartz introduces himself to the Fairfax faithful by scoring 19 points including a 3 at the buzzer to pull out the win. GMU 71 - Stony Brook 70. Pandemonium ensues as fans actually yell and cheer the Mason win! Elderly fans who don’t like noise complain, but now that the “No Fun Police” are gone complaints fall on deaf ears. A new game day culture begins to emerge at EBA.

Discuss.
It may be worth some trips to DC/West Virginia/Maryland to do some early betting on Mason. Usually some good value on a team like Mason that’s generally picked low in the conference that is set to outperform expectations.

FreeGunston12

All-American
This team has so many question marks. I really don't have any expectations for this game. But I will definitely be watching coach English. He has checked every box so far. The only ones really left are X's and O's and game management. So I'm really excited to get my first look at that. If those boxes are covered, man we could really be in for some special years ahead.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Usually when forums go against tradition (such as who makes the game day thread) folks get worried. I was just answering @sleeperpick. It doesn’t really matter to me but some folks can be superstitious.
ok - maybe we can codify these things so we keep order. It has been a while - some might forget.