Nyla Milleson

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason is about to have 2 lame duck basketball coaches in 2 years. Feel free to panic.

Is this a lameduck year for Milleson? If so, maybe Edwards wants to rethink that strategy given what the women's team is going through right now. Tough to be motivated to play when your coach is out the door.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Is this a lameduck year for Milleson? If so, maybe Edwards wants to rethink that strategy given what the women's team is going through right now. Tough to be motivated to play when your coach is out the door.

This should be the final year of a 3-year contract extension.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What is the incentive to pay out Milleson's contract early? We could be the best program in the A10 and not raise revenue by more than a couple hundred bucks a year. Women's basketball is, essentially, a cost to have a Men's basketball team. So there is really no reason to spend extra money unnecessarily on that team to try to make them better sooner. Try to make them better, yes, but not buy spending more money than you have to.

Not that Brad won't do the same to Paulsen, but I wouldn't assume that the decision making on Men's and Women's basketball has the same logic behind it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What is the incentive to pay out Milleson's contract early? We could be the best program in the A10 and not raise revenue by more than a couple hundred bucks a year. Women's basketball is, essentially, a cost to have a Men's basketball team. So there is really no reason to spend extra money unnecessarily on that team to try to make them better sooner. Try to make them better, yes, but not buy spending more money than you have to.

Not that Brad won't do the same to Paulsen, but I wouldn't assume that the decision making on Men's and Women's basketball has the same logic behind it.

Well, reports from Petey and By George both say right now Paulsen is likely to be lameducked. I’m just cautioning about that approach.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Well, reports from Petey and By George both say right now Paulsen is likely to be lameducked. I’m just cautioning about that approach.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, it is a potentially good argument against lame ducking, I was just going on a tangent from your comment to point out that the same logic might not apply to Men's and Women's financial decisions. I would not be surprised if Brad lame ducked Paulsen, but for slightly different reasons.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Can’t see how anyone would think it’s the right move to give the coach of your lone revenue-generating sport the ultimate vote of no confidence. But it’s Mason so anything can happen.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They do amazing work! But this is one the time I think they are wrong.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
DP is more likely to get an extension than be fired. We could clearly be wrong, but our sources say he’ll be back. No consideration of firing Brad at this point.

Surely they aren't going to indicate anything at this early stage but things could have changed since what, june, when y'all asked probably? God knows everyone has to be paying attention at what is going on currently?

By George.

Starter
Surely they aren't going to indicate anything at this early stage but things could have changed since what, june, when y'all asked probably? God knows everyone has to be paying attention at what is going on currently?

Herndon is absolutely right, I may hate it but he’s right. DP is average, we pay for and shoot for average. We are an average product from top down. I know Brad likes DP, he thinks he can win with him and I know A10 coaches respect DP. We can’t fire him during a pandemic, so what are the options? We talk to people and from everything I’ve heard, he won’t be fired. Things could change, I could be wrong but I’d bet $300 right NOW, he’ll be our coach next season.

- Bryan

Bricker

Starter
Herndon is absolutely right, I may hate it but he’s right. DP is average, we pay for and shoot for average. We are an average product from top down. I know Brad likes DP, he thinks he can win with him and I know A10 coaches respect DP. We can’t fire him during a pandemic, so what are the options? We talk to people and from everything I’ve heard, he won’t be fired. Things could change, u could be wrong but I’d bet $300 right NOW, he’ll be our coach next season.

I hate this but it feels spot on. Damn.