NIL Thread

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It looks fine to me… I’ve taken it to a number of seamstresses in the area and they all say it looks fine, but it insists that I keep getting second, third, fourth opinions until I find a seamstress that finds something wrong with it. Very odd.
Maybe you should preserve it for the rest of the year so it can be sold in another store next year.

Dartmouth went 6-21 this season. As someone on Twitter (I didn't save it) said, Dartmouth's next play could be to fire them all with cause for poor performance. What's their play here?

(I'm not necessarily against players unionizing, it could solve some of the big issues facing college sports, but I question the strategy and potential consequences for a team like Dartmouth)
Unionizing would force a CBA, which could force important limits on transfers. That would be good.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I get that we're all frustrated. We've all heard the rumors, and this is hard, but this reminded me that we have a rule about this and we can't cherry pick which rules we will follow and which ones we won't.

Rule #3 - Rumors concerning an individual's private life are not permitted, when said rumors are not a matter of public record. This includes ANYONE (including but not limited to athletes, recruits, parents of athletes/recruits, coaches or administrators, other users of the boards, beat writers, Site staff, et al).

I think it's prudent that we limit our talk to what is reported, and remember that these are kids - not professionals. What some of us are hearing through various channels is probably part truth, part exaggeration. We should not circulate wild conspiracies, but seek to confirm the truth first. It would be really shitty if an incorrect narrative about a student-athlete tainted an otherwise good career at Mason.
In my humble opinion, there is absolutely zero to gain from this whole situation being so public. It’s a less than ideal ending for everyone, no reason to draw more attention to it, especially on social media.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
In my humble opinion, there is absolutely zero to gain from this whole situation being so public. It’s a less than ideal ending for everyone, no reason to draw more attention to it, especially on social media.
I, respectfully, disagree. In the short term, you are right. In the longer term, the free flow of information will help to deter this type of thing in the future.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I, respectfully, disagree. In the short term, you are right. In the longer term, the free flow of information will help to deter this type of thing in the future.
I just don’t see the point in promoting anything negative regarding the program. It didn’t workout, it sucks, the player will eventually get his karma, and we move on to build a new roster (which has increasingly become a very short term, year-to-year endeavor).

Of course, I’m likely completely wrong here, because Jollay said so.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Does anyone know if other top mid major players from other teams across the country done what KH has? Kind of odd this seems to be a Mason thing only. Also, why hasn't the A10 president or top officials commented on this. I guess players can just decide they don't want to play for a team and just walk away, after all they don't, I guess, sign any kind of contract. But even if KH made a deal with another university why couldn't he wait till the season way over? I guess there is no room for ethical behavior. Shows there really is no concern for the fans. Its all about the $.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In all seriousness, it's obviously better to remove the cancer now and not let it spread.

I'm excited to see who Tony and co. can bring in to take some of these spots next year after a full season under his belt/drawstring.
Yep. Ready to move on. Maybe this explains the difference in Tony's demeanor from post-game presser to Coach's show.
Now just go play ball guys.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone know if other top mid major players from other teams across the country done what KH has?
I heard of a simular case in another mid-major league. Don't know the details so I don't want to say more. But I doubt it's just us.

So, making incidents like this public is exactly how you fix a flawed system.

And yes, your brave new world of college athletics is extremely flawed.

I just don’t see the point in promoting anything negative regarding the program. It didn’t workout, it sucks, the player will eventually get his karma, and we move on to build a new roster (which has increasingly become a very short term, year-to-year endeavor).

Of course, I’m likely completely wrong here, because Jollay said so.

Are you wrong if you're saying we shouldn't be allowed to publicly talk about a 17ppg 9 rpg player abandoning his team in early March?

Yes I would say you are wrong. Not as wrong as you were about the need to hire Kim English, NIL in general, etc, but wrong.

There is nothing negative about the program, here that we are "promoting." This is all on the individual.

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
1709753687576.png

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Call me crazy but I don’t believe that there’s much validity to not traveling so you can get extra ankle treatment. Is the ice better down in Fairfax? Stretches that you can do north of the Mason Dixon?

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So, making incidents like this public is exactly how you fix a flawed system.

And yes, your brave new world of college athletics is extremely flawed.
We’ve already agreed that it’s a flawed system, but it’s what we have and I guess it’s up to the individual on how they react to it. It’s not “my” brave new world either, everyone is dealing with the same BS.

I was only a freshman when Kevin Foster seemed to quit mid-season. Believe Arledge did something similar. Is this situation worse because of who Key is and what he’s being paid?

Still holding out hope he realizes what a dickhead this all makes him look like and he does indeed play. But not sure at this point that's even good from a team standpoint going forward, as others have mentioned.

Yes, he retweets his old trainer, who says nothing particularly surprising or coherent.

I am sure he is vigorously rehabbing his injury as we speak.