NIL Thread

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are you wrong if you're saying we shouldn't be allowed to publicly talk about a 17ppg 9 rpg player abandoning his team in early March?

Yes I would say you are wrong. Not as wrong as you were about the need to hire Kim English, NIL in general, etc, but wrong.

There is nothing negative about the program, here that we are "promoting." This is all on the individual.
People can and will do what they want. I gave my view of the situation. As someone who is generally focused on Mason’s recruiting efforts, I can’t see one impactful result from bashing the guy on Twitter, others clearly disagree and will do what they will do.

KE was a fantastic hire at the time. Today, I don’t have many positive thoughts on the guy for various reasons. Your hindsight is impeccable though.

We’ve already agreed that it’s a flawed system, but it’s what we have and I guess it’s up to the individual on how they react to it. It’s not “my” brave new world either, everyone is dealing with the same BS.

I was only a freshman when Kevin Foster seemed to quit mid-season. Believe Arledge did something similar. Is this situation worse because of who Key is and what he’s being paid?

Yes it is. Players quit all the time for various reasons, with fault sometimes on the player, sometimes not. Usually a mixture of both.

Not gonna go through Arledge and Foster's various variables in their situations. GC Marcicinni quit in the middle of a West coast road trip, and ended up banging Tyra Banks. It happens.

People can have their various opinions on which situations are worse. This one given how Hall went about it given the particulars (and I won't state those)...is pretty bad.

If you still believe in team concepts, at least...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We’ve already agreed that it’s a flawed system, but it’s what we have and I guess it’s up to the individual on how they react to it. It’s not “my” brave new world either, everyone is dealing with the same BS.

I was only a freshman when Kevin Foster seemed to quit mid-season. Believe Arledge did something similar. Is this situation worse because of who Key is and what he’s being paid?

Foster and Arledge’s situations were different. Arledge was having back spasms and wanted to red-shirt. Hewitt wanted him to play.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FWIW injured players haven’t been traveling with the team unless they have a chance to play
Gotcha, that makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is a player finding out an hour before the plane leaves that he’s so injured there’s no way he’d play, I personally don’t buy his story and won’t unless I see him suit up for Mason again.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
FWIW injured players haven’t been traveling with the team unless they have a chance to play
Pretty sure our guys that had ankle injuries this year traveled.
For example, Darius was at Davidson. Dinkins been to all. Ronnie too i think.

By George.

Starter
For example, Darius was at Davidson. Dinkins been to all. Ronnie

It’s been team policy since January to try and help with recovery, some guys got hurt on road trips etc. Dinkins is redshirting.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
For example, Darius was at Davidson. Dinkins been to all. Ronnie too i think.
Willing to bet folding money it’s the difference between a bus ride and flight … in my experience, injured athletes are advised not to fly because the pressure changes can affect swelling, etc.

Regardless, as noted I doubt the decision is made an hour before takeoff. That’s just nonsense.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"An hour before takeoff." Wow! You guys on Facebook, Twitter, etc., are getting a lot more information than the rest of us are.
Now whether all that stuff is true or not....

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"An hour before takeoff." Wow! You guys on Facebook, Twitter, etc., are getting a lot more information than the rest of us are.
Now whether all that stuff is true or not....

I actually get my information from compuserve.com.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gotcha, that makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is a player finding out an hour before the plane leaves that he’s so injured there’s no way he’d play, I personally don’t buy his story and won’t unless I see him suit up for Mason again.
Reminds me of the batshit crazy explanations my 20 year old self would give when I was caught in compromising positions. Over time, with experience, I became much more practiced at explaining the unexplainable.

A couple of months ago I told my wife that most of my belly fat was actually muscle. When she protested I was able to produce a letter from my doctor (with a logo of the primary care clinic we go to, as well as a reasonable facsimile of my doc's signature) attesting to this.

To Whom This May Concern,

I have recently examined XXXXXXX and found him to be reasonably fit for a man of his age. His bloodwork and vitals are normal and otherwise unremarakable. His vision and hearing remain acute. He maintains a quite positive outlook and seems genuine in taking ownership of his health and well-being.

His gait, however, could be improved. He shuffles his feet and lurches. With physical therapy his forward motion could be greatly improved.

There is an aspect I feel professionally obligated to comment on. At first glance, it seems clear that XXXXXXX has significant belly fat. However, upon close physical examination, his stomach is remarkably taught and well-muscled, relative to what I see with my other obese patients. I learned about these types of "outlier" cases in medical school, but it is still surprising to encounter such a case in my own practice.

In closing, I am pleased with XXXXXXX's physical state.

Sincerely,

Dr. Strangelove