NEW NEW Game 18: GMU (9-8 / 5-6) vs vcu (15-4 / 8-2) on Saturday, February 20, at 2:30 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
AJ wide open on the block and we pass it up to shoot a contested 3. Oooof.

I mean, good Mason D but eventually Hyland-type players are going to take over...

And vcu always gets hot for a few minutes...that's usually enough when our guards can't score, especially.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I mean, good Mason D but eventually Hyland-type players are going to take over...

And vcu always gets hot for a few minutes...that's usually enough when our guards can't score, especially.

Yeah, offense needs to do better, but can't really complain about the defense. If vcu is gonna win by hitting a bunch of outside shots, so be it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Don’t know what is in XJs head but missing a layup and barely catching the ball is troubling.

I like that Frazier and polite are showing some potential. Polite has the right ideas with driving and when he passes but he’s not where he needs to be. He can’t shoot at all. Frazier is showing some good ability.

Whatever was working with mason forcing turnovers and getting transition buckets disappeared by the middle of the half. It’s nice to play defense but like @CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY said, eventually guards like Hyland or Baldwin are just going to light it up. They are way too talented.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Don’t know what is in XJs head but missing a layup and barely catching the ball is troubling.

I like that Frazier and polite are showing some potential. Polite has the right ideas with driving and when he passes but he’s not where he needs to be. He can’t shoot at all. Frazier is showing some good ability.

Whatever was working with mason forcing turnovers and getting transition buckets disappeared by the middle of the half. It’s nice to play defense but like @CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY said, eventually guards like Hyland or Baldwin are just going to light it up. They are way too talented.

That missed layup by XJ was maddening.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I wish the poll at the beginning of the year was correct, but 9th place was way off for vcu.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah XJ being blocked by the rim was just weird and sums so much up haha

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know he’s a freshmen but Kolek can’t over throw Oduro like that

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Xavier Johnson causes a turnover without being on the floor according to the nbc announcers. Takes talent.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Kolek and Johnson look overmatched today. Surprisingly, our biggest mismatch on offense is Oduro. Keep feeding him and run the offense through him.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dammit...such a telegraphed pass by Javon...but he has since cut it to 3 with a layup...some forgiveness.