NEW NEW Game 18: GMU (9-8 / 5-6) vs vcu (15-4 / 8-2) on Saturday, February 20, at 2:30 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
vcu favored by 12 (kenPom); Vegasinsider line currently at 11.5
Classic trap game. Take a flyer on Mason on the money line. We only win one more game this season (including A10 tourney) and it’s gonna be this game.
Full disclosure: I went 0fer on CBB betting tonight.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Apathy is at a new low. Game day vs vcu and this thread is empty, and not a single vcu insult has been posted.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Apathy is at a new low. Game day vs vcu and this thread is empty, and not a single vcu insult has been posted.

I mean I can post about how the skinny hipster from Richmond was insulted by section 115 in February 2016 and how that was pretty epic... haha

pretty sure we all expect another 15 point loss and there’s no point in even fighting it at this point. They are good. Mason is not good.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, the average game day thread used to end up being over 20 pages. Now we're lucky if it gets to 4 or 5.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dumb people who know nothing about the two teams and bet based on the box score of the last game?

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ehh, we actually have some decent matchups. vcu isn't a great shooting team and does a lot of their damage on the offensive glass, which we're good at preventing. We also prefer dead ball turnovers to live ball turnovers (i.e. Javon just picked up his pivot foot again) so vcu won't get as many easy buckets. Plus Bones has a hip thing going on and might be limited today.

Not saying I'm confident we won't lose by 25 but I see the rationale. Rivalry game so should get a good effort, and Dave's teams backdoor big spreads a good amount.

Dumb people who know nothing about the two teams and bet based on the box score of the last game?

I mean, I do think we matchup slightly well with vcu, and I guess home court isn't as big without fans, but...I have to think vcu wins by ten.

God, we're 16-38-1 against the spread against teams with winning records last 55. Horrible.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We should not be on national TV. Unless we win then it's a good thing. But we don't win.

Classic trap game. Take a flyer on Mason on the money line. We only win one more game this season (including A10 tourney) and it’s gonna be this game.
Full disclosure: I went 0fer on CBB betting tonight.

I gotta admit if I was road tripping to Richmond I'd lay some Mason +400 action...cause could be legendary night...

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not even looking at AJ on the block anymore. I can’t blame them, but damn what a drop off.