MIAMI UPDATE

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Considering they get $7.5 million/year from adidas I doubt they have trouble with equipment.

Yes they have alot of gloves and bats and shoes and shirts. Their hot tubs don't work though and they fly shitty airplanes.

Vurbel I honestly don't have the time to make a futile attempt to jump start the right side of your brain right now. If you cant keep up, just please stay out of the thread. No offense but I find it hard to believe you even have a penis sometimes, you are so governed by emotions and not reason.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Yes they have alot of gloves and bats and shoes and shirts. Their hot tubs don't work though and they fly shitty airplanes.

Vurbel I honestly don't have the time to make a futile attempt to jump start the right side of your brain right now. If you cant keep up, just please stay out of the thread. No offense but I find it hard to believe you even have a penis sometimes, you are so governed by emotions and not reason.

I haven't spent much time in the baseball hot tubs at Miami, so I can't comment first hand on that.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I mean, how would you feel if you were a heterosexual male on the U baseball team, and you had to frequent gay bathhouses around town just to use a functional hot tub or get a decent rub down ?

And all the while the basketball coach who consistently gets pummeled in the NCAA Tourney, if he even gets there, lives like a king and takes long vacays on the U's dime?You'd feel bad, that's how you'd feel.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Harsh but fair.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-presence-in-d-c-area/?utm_term=.a0c18fe4ec4c

As play zoomed back and forth, with halfhearted defense giving way to dueling fast breaks, most of the college coaches gathered in one corner of DeMatha’s secondary gym.

But Miami Coach Jim Larranaga sat toward the middle of the worn bleachers, his arms stretched out and his legs covering the two rows in front of him. The 67-year-old watched a handful of prospects competing at the Victor Oladipo Skills Academy last week, and the dim, dusty space made the action look like grainy old game tape. His glasses rested near the edge of his nose. At one point he yawned, stretching his arms just a bit farther before folding his hands on his chest.

It looked as if he were in his own living room. It is, after all, a familiar space for Larranaga. The coach spent 14 years as the head coach at George Mason in Fairfax, Virginia, which glued Larranaga to high school bleachers all over the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. Now he is entering his seventh season leading Miami, and the Atlantic Coast Conference program is fixed on chasing this area’s most talented basketball players.

He and Chris Caputo — who moved with Larranaga from George Mason and is the Hurricanes’ associate head coach — have strong ties to the region. It is not a bad place to center recruiting efforts.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-presence-in-d-c-area/?utm_term=.a0c18fe4ec4c

As play zoomed back and forth, with halfhearted defense giving way to dueling fast breaks, most of the college coaches gathered in one corner of DeMatha’s secondary gym.

But Miami Coach Jim Larranaga sat toward the middle of the worn bleachers, his arms stretched out and his legs covering the two rows in front of him. The 67-year-old watched a handful of prospects competing at the Victor Oladipo Skills Academy last week, and the dim, dusty space made the action look like grainy old game tape. His glasses rested near the edge of his nose. At one point he yawned, stretching his arms just a bit farther before folding his hands on his chest.

It looked as if he were in his own living room. It is, after all, a familiar space for Larranaga. The coach spent 14 years as the head coach at George Mason in Fairfax, Virginia, which glued Larranaga to high school bleachers all over the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. Now he is entering his seventh season leading Miami, and the Atlantic Coast Conference program is fixed on chasing this area’s most talented basketball players.

He and Chris Caputo — who moved with Larranaga from George Mason and is the Hurricanes’ associate head coach — have strong ties to the region. It is not a bad place to center recruiting efforts.

DP needs to be sitting directly in front of L at every recruiting event in the area!

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Bump. Please post all Miami dirt here.

Is anyone at all surprised by this? Larranaga has had the feel of a tired old man just saying goodbye of late. Just showing up at Mason and listlessly taking pictures.

Caputo is Italian and I don't like to stereotype but most Ities are accurately depicted in Goodfellas.

Caputo is still Italian, right? Or did he change heritages as well?

I actually like Chris, but we definitely can't name anything after Coach L now. He'll suffer just like Joe Paterno did.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Caputo is still Italian, right? Or did he change heritages as well?

They used an obscure DJ as an example of a famous Caputo

"Caputo is a common Italian surname, specially in the area of Campania. It derives from the Latin root of caput or head. Persons with that name include: Anthony "Acid"Caputo, American DJ, producer and remixer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caputo

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
They used an obscure DJ as an example of a famous Caputo

"Caputo is a common Italian surname, specially in the area of Campania. It derives from the Latin root of caput or head. Persons with that name include: Anthony "Acid"Caputo, American DJ, producer and remixer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caputo

Campania I know was a famous campaign of one Julius Caesar. I learned that at George Mason University.

But let's not forget who the real mastermind is, here. Julius Larranaga.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Campania I know was a famous campaign of one Julius Caesar. I learned that at George Mason University.

But let's not forget who the real mastermind is, here. Julius Larranaga.

Nice, actually the word campaign is loosely derived from Campania. I never stop learning from Jollay ....ever!:

"cam·paign
Origin
upload_2017-9-26_14-37-28.png

early 17th century (denoting a tract of open country): from French campagne ‘open country,’ via Italian from late Latin campania, from campus ‘level ground’ (see camp1). The change in sense arose from an army's practice of “taking the field” (i.e., moving from a fortress or town to open country) at the onset of summer."