MIAMI UPDATE

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't read too much into it. They'll be fine. I understand there are bitter people pulling against them but come March they'll be a round of 32 team.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Only 2 Top 50 (RPI) wins right now, and one was at home vs #50 (NC State). They've got Louisville and Clemson at home this week...Better get 1 of those 2.

KAOriginal

All-American
But aren't they doing the ol Maryland, Hewitt GT plan?

Upset a high ranked Duke, go .500 in conference and win a few games in the ACC tourney and you re in?

Considering the A10 is not putting 6 in....CAA won't have more than 1, smells like a lot of at large slots for the ACC....lol.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Miami just really shot themselves in the foot with the two losses to GT and FSU. I think they would still be in if they had only lost one of those two, but the combination of both losses puts them on the bubble or outside of it at the moment, IMO.

That being said, this does appear to be a down year for the non-BCS leagues, so it will be more of a traditional (pre-2006) looking bracket I think with few at large non-BCS teams, which obviously leaves a lot more spots for the Miami's of the world this year.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Only 40% chance of making it after the two loses.
http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

That site gives odds for an at-large bid. However, many of those 46 teams that are above "the bubble bursts here" threshold will actually be automatic qualifiers by winning their conference tournaments. Hence some teams below the current line will get at large bids.

Miami is currently projected as a 10 seed in Lunardi's bracketology:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In my opinion, Dance Card is the best site to predict who is in.

When there are conference tournament championship upsets, the bubble line moves up.

I'll take Dance Card over Lunardi any day (except with 15 minutes before the announcement show when he gets insider information).

How long has it been since we have had a bracketology discussion on here? Oh, yeah, I remember now . . . 2011.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Well, no shock here. The Louisville Cardinals easily handle the U in Coral Gables, and the L falls under .500 in league play.

It would seem your beloved Hurricanes are headed to the NIT.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Hello, miscreants and gas-pumpers!

Thought I had forgotten about this thread since it has been dormant for five days!! Didn't you?? Well, I haven't, check-bouncers and collie molesters!!!

I am currently sitting courtside at the Miami/Clemson game in CORAL GABLES...a special guest of Coach Larranaga himself!! I'm staying at his house to give him an appraisal of what it is worth in the event he has to suddenly move in the offseason, which is becoming more and more likely.

So, hemorrhoid sufferers, I will give you a play-by-play as your God battles the Clemson Tigers!!

A loss here might seal the deal for the Hurricanes, I'm afraid.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
What a battle! After going down early, the Hurri--can--diddly--doooos have climbed back to tie it at 15 with about eight minutes left in the half!!

Anyone's ballgame right now!!!!!!!!!!

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Coach Konkol just winked at me in the stands during the timeout! Yayyyyy! Coach L is having one of his "days" again, I'm afraid. Caputo is coaching while L looks bewildered...he just tried to check a popcorn vendor into the game.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
And...after two more minutes of excruciating offensive basketball, the score remains Clemson 25, Miami (of Florida) 24 at the half.

Exciting news! The coaches have invited me into the locker room at halftime!!!

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
L must really respect my opinion. At halftime, he asked me for advice, as his team just isn't responding.

I told him. I said, "Jim. What are you before all else?" He asked me, he said, "What, Christopher?"

I said, "Jim. You are a whore for media attention and money. There will be no more money after you're shut out of the NCAAs again, but why not continue to be a complete media whore along the way? You already leaked to ESPN how you took time out to call a dying man, why not invite the cameras into the locker room right now, and you can give a rousing speech like you did with us before Notre Dame kicked the shit out of us in Denver?? Nobody outside Mason remembers that game, coach! They just remember the rousing speech you gave in front of the cameras!!!"

Jim just smiled at me and said "Jollay, you're right!" He then gave one of his famous L whistles to attract the media and they followed him in the hurricanes' love cave. He then gave that same speech, to the letter, and although it wasn't really in the right context, he gave it in his home language of Spanish and everyone couldn't understand him, but just his tone fired everyone up anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO LETS GET EM HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!