Men's Soccer

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nobody cares about mens soccer until its good. If it stinks, like it does now, then people forget its there and no fuss is made. AD and coach work less too. See its a win win to be mediocre. Might happen in BBALL too.

Last edited:
OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Speaking of, they are somehow 2-0 in the A10 after beating Dayton in 2OT 3-2. Came back from 0-2 down.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Golden Goal victory over Davidson.

QUOTABLE

"It's certainly not been an easy season so it's great to see the guys smile," Mason head coach Greg Andrulis said. "Back-to-back home wins in overtime I think shows the guts and determination that this team has. Goals haven't been easy for us this year and we missed a lot of good chances today, but certain guys are stepping up at certain times."

If they figure out road wins they might have a shot.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Goff reporting the job is down to four candidates. Should expect an announcement in mid-January. Over 110 expressed interest

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Us soccer is closing its Development Academy. For good. MLS teams and ECNL I guess will fill in? Good or bad? Any soccer parents have insight?

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Us soccer is closing its Development Academy. For good. MLS teams and ECNL I guess will fill in? Good or bad? Any soccer parents have insight?

This is from Bill Hamid, D.C. United homegrown goalkeeper: "Extremely sad to see the Development Academy fold. So many youth Girls and Boys Keepers in DC/DMV come to my Goalie Club with the DREAM of making one of our area DA teams. The kids LOVE IT! Great to hear MLS is pushing forward in this area, but we must not forget our youth ladies."

My guess is, this will make it harder for us to find kids in areas that don't have robust development academies, but I do know a lot of MLS academies include residential high schools so "out of market" kids can travel and train there and still go to school.

More development in this country is needed, not less. MLS can't capture everyone. The D.C. area is lucky to have not only the D.C. United academy, but a slew of really good youth development academies in Northern Virginia and Maryland. Other places like New York, Southern California, Seattle, St. Louis, and Miami will be fine, too.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We had 14 seniors last year per the Mason soccer website.

Any news on signings?