Mason beats vcu!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Someone on the vcu boards clearly hasn't been to the Patriot Center (via vcuramnation.com):

I have never seen a band that interacts with the crowd so much as the Peppas. Anyone notice Ryan climbing the stairs in the stands and high fiving the crowd? No doubt much of the spirit of the fans and the atmosphere at the Stu is attributable to the band. It is if the band is an extension of the crowd and vice versa. The Peppas are not a showband, even if some of their numbers approach the sublime. They know their role and perform it perfectly. That's why they are the number one pep band in the country.

Surely, you aren't expecting objectivity from the fans of the other college in Richmond?

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
we won the last Atlantic 11 poll back in 2011
Yeah, that really was the meat of the issue. If you know that, then the joke is pretty funny. Making jokes that only insiders will get is always dangerous.... (Self Awareness Joke Goes Here)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Someone on the vcu boards clearly hasn't been to the Patriot Center (via vcuramnation.com):

I have never seen a band that interacts with the crowd so much as the Peppas. Anyone notice Ryan climbing the stairs in the stands and high fiving the crowd? No doubt much of the spirit of the fans and the atmosphere at the Stu is attributable to the band. It is if the band is an extension of the crowd and vice versa. The Peppas are not a showband, even if some of their numbers approach the sublime. They know their role and perform it perfectly. That's why they are the number one pep band in the country.

To say nothing about the inappropriateness of the Total Package humping his horn section all game, The Peppas also sound awful -- over play every note until all the sound is flat.

I know most pep bands are pretty ho hum at basketball, but they really don't belong in the same league as The Green Machine (disclaimer: unabashed homerism included in this statement).