Mason Adidas Flash Store

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday @tblack33 and myself had some conversations with people at Mason and the adidas rep that works with George Mason Athletics (the bookstore side of things is a totally different thing that doesn't involve him). While I think our concerns with the bookstore and fanatics will take some time and a lot of red tape, one thing we can do to address the situation now is a flash store. Basically, we would select some items that we would want to offer, they would open up a store that would run live for a week or so, and then after a few weeks we would receive the gear. It's not the best solution, but it's what we got for now.

Here's what we need to know - what items are you looking for? Obviously we can't offer every single item we've seen, but we can pick a bunch to include on the order. I mentioned the black 1/4 zip pullover the coaches wear just because I know some of you brought that up in the past. @tblack33 mentioned polo shirts. We would like to include maybe some "Rock With Us" shirts similar to styles that other adidas teams have had with their team specific motto.

If you are interested, here's what we need:

1) take a look at @BBride photos ( link https://dmvsportsshots.blogspot.com/2021/ ) from practices or games or pics from the Mason social media accounts and post pics here on the specific item that you would like to have offered. We want to include the actual designs our players or coaches are wearing and that's the easiest way to do it.

2) Another option is to go on Fanatics and look at some of the offerings from other big adidas schools (Kansas, Louisville, Indiana, Miami) and find something that you like and that you would like to see a Mason version of.

Again, we won't be able to offer and please everyone, but it will give us a good idea of what people are looking for and what we can get available at the flash store.

Thanks!

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll post a few things I've come across as well - if you look at it and it would be something you're in, just like the post so we'll have a good idea on some of the favorites.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Adidas Long Sleeve Shirt: https://www.fanatics.com/college/lo...+z-9-4041065072?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c2:po-2

thumb.aspx

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks to both @dr. gunnie and @tblack33 for helping put this together.

For me, I really like the design that GT has "George Mason Basketball" with maybe the GM on the back. I also like what Coach English has in the grey above as well. I also like the Louisville one long sleeve.

I failed last time when Kish put together the hoodie order because I only ordered an XL and really need an 2XL because they run too skinny for my liking ( a rant for another day). I would love if we could do maybe the Kansas or GT design in a hoodie, or what Coach has above. Maybe for a hoodie someone with a better design eye than myself can help us get something like this? Something simple clean neat but to the point.

thumb.aspx

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
And just keep in mind, if there is a certain design you like, but it’s on a t-shirt and people would rather have it on a hoodie, we should be able to do that.

Just also keep in mind there is no way everyone is going to get exactly everything they want regarding the options/colors.

Last edited:

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yo this is awesome. Gunnie - thanks for all your work staying on top of this. I actually wanted more Mason swag for Christmas but there's just not a lot to like in the current selection. Here's what I would definitely buy right now:

- Black longsleeve 1/4 zip
- Mason shooting shirt (the one Ticket is wearing)
- https://www.fanatics.com/college/lo...9-3403463199?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r17c2:po-53= Something like this t-shirt from Louisville with the script lettering would be dope. We could use the script jerseys Adidas made last year for the font and keep it nice and clean.
- Any Mason t-shirt that looks like it's quality. Every Mason T I have is either free and feels like it's made of cardboard, or it's got too many colors going on (the gold turns ugly and yellowy over time).

I also kinda dig the gray longsleeve quarterzip Kim is wearing against American, but I'm a quarterzip guy and I understand if we can have only one.

Are we limited to something like one option of each for sweatshirt, 1/4 zip, longsleeve t-shirt, shortsleeve t-shirt, hoodie, etc?

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Are we limited to something like one option of each for sweatshirt, 1/4 zip, longsleeve t-shirt, shortsleeve t-shirt, hoodie, etc?
I really haven’t addressed that yet, but I will. I have done orders like this before where it didn’t matter the item as long as it was the same color (the screen printing process is the same for a green short sleeve, long sleeve, hoodie), so they didn’t care, but I’ve also done orders where it did matter. I’ll probably reach out today and see what their policy is.

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a reply back - yes, if there is a design that seems pretty popular, they can do that design on a variety of items pretty easily.

For instance, I really like the Georgia Tech backboard design above that they players have on their practice jerseys. They can do that much easier on different items as long as they are the same color, so you could choose short sleeve, long sleeve, sweatshirt…