Let's play a game...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We should hire Bret Blizzard. Isnt he coaching?

Scythe

Starter
But as I've noted previously, I'd really like to see Mason take a shot at a hot young assistant and see what happens. I think an energetic young guy who prefers an up-tempo system would mesh well with the talent Hewitt has recruited.

It can't get much worse, and I'd like to see us take a gamble on an up-and-comer. Oh, and we can't forget the necessary Saw reference for this thread:

Dok9T.jpg

Last edited:

Patriotfan49

Starter
While I like the Bruce Pearl idea off the top of my head, not sure hes all that much different then the Hewitt hire. It would be cool to see him in a yellow coat on the sideline lol....

No to Coen. Hes a decent coach, but seems limited. Be open to Skerry, but doubt hed come...seems that Towson is more committed to their programs.

Im feeling the Lavall Jordan, maybe even Damon Stoudmire (somebody mentioned him I thought)idea. A guy the players could mix well with and respect and a former NBA player, like a Kevin Ollie situation.

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not concerned about a coach using us as a stepping stone....IF we have good leadership in the administration. If we have a quality new AD who can make good hires, we won't fall off the map; just look in our own conference- Saint Louis, vcu, Dayton have had changes and stayed relevant over the past few years.

Not a jab at TOC as I'm assuming TOC will have retired by the time this new coach is ready to leave for a BCS job 5 years from now.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Whoever we hire will have about a 20% chance, at best, of living up to our expectations. I was flipping through the channels last night and there are BCS schools playing in front of 3000 fans. I am sure all these coaches proved something to someone at some point to get these BCS jobs. But they aren't getting it done.

I love how Hewitt's record at Georgia Tech apparently should have meant an automatic disqualification here, but Coen's under .500 career record at Northeastern means it's a no-brainer hire.

God, I would like Coen but the hypocrisy on this board is amazing.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I love how Hewitt's record at Georgia Tech apparently should have meant an automatic disqualification here, but Coen's under .500 career record at Northeastern means it's a no-brainer hire.

God, I would like Coen but the hypocrisy on this board is amazing.

Hold up. GT bought how many cupcake games?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Best post easily is "Delaware reluctantly gives you permission to talk to Monte Ross."
That brings up a great idea. We need to go around to all the schools that are in the "we need a new coach" mindset and give them reluctant permission to talk to Hewitt. Maybe we can get one of them to entice him away and then the buyout issue goes away.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know, L is hosting Georgia Southern, Texas Southern, Norfolk State, Cal Fullerton, St. Francis (NY) (Loss), College of Charleston and visiting Savannah State this year...about that many per year?

A few more as acc had 9. Regardless his record there and here sucks if you're looking at numbers. And kenesaw state..nuff said.