Job Announcement for Mason's Athletic Director

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
hokies.jpg

I nice sketch to remember those at VATech. Wish they drew the Patriot instead of Mikey the Chimp.

GMUNatsFan

Walk-On
I checked out Parker's Website -- It's hard to believe you can be considered a top-end Exec Search firm for colleges & universities when 11 of your 14 employees (or at least those listed on your website) have degrees from the same university (UGA). So much for diversity or, more importantly, giving the appearance that you are highly skilled at scouring the planet for top talent.

Wouldn't it be more important to see who you have found executives for, rather than where your execs went to school. I think UGA grads would be more likely to work at an Atlanta based firm. Unless you have something against UGA grads.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Wouldn't it be more important to see who you have found executives for, rather than where your execs went to school. I think UGA grads would be more likely to work at an Atlanta based firm. Unless you have something against UGA grads.

Obviously past experience is why they get selected. I'm surprised, though, that in a relationship-based business (Parker says so on there website), you can become a national player servicing Colleges & Univs across the country with a staff compromised of individuals from a single school. I guess, though, that may be superseded by having your hooks into a big fish or two in the good ol boy network: http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/of_course_ncaa_president_mark.html

Last edited:

PDGL Hoops

Starter
I think I may apply for the job. I am currently the team "manager" for my son's U4 soccer team. My responsibilities include helping set up for practice, organizing a post game snack sign up list, and taking pictures through out the game. How much more different can the job at Mason be??

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
I think I may apply for the job. I am currently the team "manager" for my son's U4 soccer team. My responsibilities include helping set up for practice, organizing a post game snack sign up list, and taking pictures through out the game. How much more different can the job at Mason be??

No orange wedges at halftime? That's an obvious hole in your résumé...

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Do fans get Orange slices at Halftime? If so.... you have my vote

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
As indicated in the job announcement, applications should be received no later than May 16.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we thinking an August announcement?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
They would start July 1 correct? I'd suspect an early June announcement.

Since TOC is here til end of year, I didn't think July 1st was a hard date. But, the sooner the better.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Do we really think Cabrera is the one making this call or is he the rubber stamp? I'm sure the guy/gal we hire will be well qualified.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Do we really think Cabrera is the one making this call or is he the rubber stamp? I'm sure the guy/gal we hire will be well qualified.

If Cabrera is going to "walk the walk", I have to think he is making the call. Cabrera has talked about the importance of the Men's basketball program and athletics in general, so I can't help but think hes going to make sure he gets the right person. Its a big hire for the school going forward..