I believe...

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, what happens if we're mediocre??.... "I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone!!!!...I believe in opening your presents Christmas morning not Christmas Eve."

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
...within 10 years we will have "Jim Larranaga Court" at the Patriot Center.
If we are ever to become truly great we need to achieve success post-L. I don't care if it's Hewitt or the guy who eventually succeeds Hewitt. We eventually have to break out of the shadow of L and create OTHER big moments so we don't keep milking the 06 cow which has gone dry a LONG time ago.

He LEFT us. Never forget that. He had the chance to stay here FOREVER and he chose to leave.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
If we are ever to become truly great we need to achieve success post-L. I don't care if it's Hewitt or the guy who eventually succeeds Hewitt. We eventually have to break out of the shadow of L and create OTHER big moments so we don't keep milking the 06 cow which has gone dry a LONG time ago.

He LEFT us. Never forget that. He had the chance to stay here FOREVER and he chose to leave.

Dude, chill. Not what he was getting at with that post.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The relationship is intetrsting. On one hand we cliam Merten held athletics back in fundraising and failed to capitalize on the Final Four. On the other hand we claim OCM left in part bc Merten was retiring. If Merten the is true why didn't OCM leave earlier?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
...that Miami will struggle in the new look ACC with the additions of Pitt, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Louisville.

The question is will they be better than last year? You could see improvement last year bc they have high IQ in the coaching dept. I would venture to say they will be.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Screw The Canes.

I hope they go WINLESS.

He left US.

I think they'll be good - I've read they're loaded in the backcourt and we know they've got a good coach. I definitely don't root for them though.

Yeah he left, but that happens. He could have left a lot sooner. You blame Larranaga for leaving, but I think many including myself place much of the blame on a bumbling GMU administration to varying degrees. I put a ton of blame on them.

Seems to me TOC took his coaching for granted. He swapped Larrananaga for Paul Hewitt for pity's sake. Then he paid Hewitt more than L ever made at GMU.

Last edited:

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Miami will be very good this year, they have two big impact transfers who are now eligible from KState and Texas along with a stud freshman who was injured early and redshirted last year (in addition to the returning players from last years overachieving team). Their biggest question mark is down low, especially with the suspension of Cruz-Acedo (Thompson's Juco teammate) for the first semester.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

You sound like a small child angry that he can't bring his favorite toy to school. Lay off the all caps and move on. L gave us a lot more great years than we should reasonably expected and in the twilight took his last shot at coaching an ACC program - a lifetime dream for him. I wish him success.