High Point of the Hewitt Era

OP
Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
It kind of sounds like bull$hit to me. First time it's ever been mentioned is four years later? Something that salacious doesn't tend to stay buried that long before popping up in an unrelated thread.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Sounds like bull$hit to me. First time it's ever been mentioned is four years later? Something that salacious doesn't tend to stay buried that long before popping up in an unrelated thread.

It's been mentioned around here before (maybe on the Zone) that when Larranaga came back to Fairfax after flying to Miami and agreeing on a contract, he met with our team wearing a Miami shirt and Pearson told him to GTFO.

Sounds like something Bird would've done. He was not one who suffered fools easily. Tough kid.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
It's been mentioned around here before (maybe on the Zone) that when Larranaga came back to Fairfax after flying to Miami and agreeing on a contract, he met with our team wearing a Miami shirt and Pearson told him to GTFO.

Sounds like something Bird would've done. He was not one who suffered fools easily. Tough kid.

I remember reading the same thing.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim's take is same one I was told sans the Miami shirt. If that part is true too, then double props to Pearson.

OP
Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I heard L was in face and body paint with a big M on his chest and Pearson roundhouse kicked him. I'm pretty sure I heard that from a reliable source. Maybe it was Jollay. Or a talking dog in a dream I had.

I look forward to this morphing into he was wearing the Ibis head like he was on a College Game Day broadcast and Pearson punched into his chest cavity and pulled out his still beating heart and showed it to him.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I was watching a game (I forget who) and the team hit a 3 and their coach immediately called timeout. I was like "their coach did a Hewitt!"

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone see the ghost of Hewitt live on last night when Shumpert inbounded the ball straight to Curry at the top of the arch.

One of the ABC commentators said, "What was Iman Shumpert doing?"

Swear to God, I yelled out "He pulled a Hewitt!!!!!"

Couldn't believe Curry missed the straightaway 3. He was probably shocked that Shumpert threw it right to him.