High Point of the Hewitt Era

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Other than his getting pink-slipped, what was everyone's high point of the Hewitt era?

I was thinking the Sherrod Wright buzzer-beating half-court prayer to beat vcu at first, but going to go with Midnight Madness instead. At that point there was still limitless hope and optimism and the effort and planning that went into that event had me believing for a little while that the success of the program would be a major priority after all.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Other than his getting pink-slipped, what was everyone's high point of the Hewitt era?

I was thinking the Sherrod Wright buzzer-beating half-court prayer to beat vcu at first, but going to go with Midnight Madness instead. At that point there was still limitless hope and optimism and the effort and planning that went into that event had me believing for a little while that the success of the program would be a major priority after all.

I was at the buzzer beater game so I have to go with that. It all went downhill from there.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll go with Bryon Allen's buzzer-beater against GSU in the 2012 CAA tournament.

That was the last time we looked like a dangerous team with a competent coach.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The high point was the press conference announcing his hiring and it just went down hill from there. The first blow was losing Luke and the blows just kept coming.

OP
Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I hoped to never have to see that name again. Shame on you for creating a thread in the light of our new staff. May the fire breathing dragons torch your computer.

Was in Atlanta this weekend for the DMB concert and the MOMOCon conference was going on too apparently.

Quite a few people in our hotel that talked like that. And wore pink wigs. And carried plastic swords. And dressed in what I can only assume were outfits made from their old elementary school bed sheets.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was in Atlanta this weekend for the DMB concert and the MOMOCon conference was going on too apparently.

Quite a few people in our hotel that talked like that. And wore pink wigs. And carried plastic swords. And dressed in what I can only assume were outfits made from their old elementary school bed sheets.

Don't lie: you went out and got an old He-Man costume and tried to invite every girl you saw back to your hotel for some cosplay.

S

Saul Pewitt

Spectator
So many good memories - can't believe the dumb move by poop-head Edwards to let Coach Hewitt go.

One of my other favorites was watching Jim's head figuratively explode on March 1st as the longevity check was cut and cashed.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Why was Copes yelling "Lets goooo, lets goo"? ..was he in hurry to get to class or hit the pipe? LoL

Steve33

Sixth Man
The UVA game was my highlight. where i was sitting that night all the Mason fans jingled their keys in the last few seconds of the game while all the UVA fans were leaving. It was fantastic!!!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That video reminds me of just what a special player Ryan Pearson was...just loved the game, loved his teammates and loved the school.

Here's to Paulsen recruiting more Pearsons to Mason in the future.

He was one of a kind. You dont see many kids go thru being shot in the leg and overcoming everything surrouding that situation. Pearson to me is a man of steel, a bad a**. Also, telling the OCM to go F himself when he bailed for Miami, warrants his statue to be a few inches taller.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He was one of a kind. You dont see many kids go thru being shot in the leg and overcoming everything surrouding that situation. Pearson to me is a man of steel, a bad a**. Also, telling the OCM to go F himself when he bailed for Miami, warrants his statue to be a few inches taller.
I hadn't heard that story.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
5 pt lead vs New Mexico with 17 seconds to go which would have sent us to the final of the Paradise Jam against UConn. There was real hope at that moment after we beat UVA for the first time ever, lost a tight game against an EXCELLENTLY COACHED Bucknell team featuring a future NBA player, and won a game over a solid Mercer team, and were about to knock off NM...

PS - Please do share the story regarding Pearson and Coach L, I have never heard anything about it.