Goodbye Dave Paulsen

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Word of advice to Masonhoops' newest members: I know it's a basketball forum, but try not to talk too much about ball-handling and dribbling during the off-season. PiKapp, our resident expert, will certainly have something to say about it.
This took a hard left turn - you seem to talk about this PiKapp guy a lot but haven’t heard much from him during this coaching crisis.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This took a hard left turn - you seem to talk about this PiKapp guy a lot but haven’t heard much from him during this coaching crisis.
Yes, and where is the guy that used to post anti Miami stuff all the time? Can't think of his name right now.

Herndon

All-Conference
Probably middle of the pack in the A-10 with lots of “handoff” passes on offense and head scratching inbounds plays if Paulsen was still coaching them.
You laugh, but I like oduro a lot as the trigger man in a high dribble handoff game.

A skilled big man who can really work a dribble hand off is a devastating weapon. It inverts pick and roll responsibilities for the defense, and a lot of bigs just don't have enough practice defending it to be any good.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You laugh, but I like oduro a lot as the trigger man in a high dribble handoff game.

A skilled big man who can really work a dribble hand off is a devastating weapon. It inverts pick and roll responsibilities for the defense, and a lot of bigs just don't have enough practice defending it to be any good.
I've seen the dribble-handoff used by just about every team in every game I have watched during this year's NCAA tournament—50% of all the games. It's a tried and true fundamental. But, when it's all a team has got, then they're in trouble.

Last edited:

Herndon

All-Conference
I've seen the dribble-handoff used by just about every team in every game I have watched during this year's NCAA tournament—50% of all the games. It's a tried and fundamental. But, when it's all a team has got, then they're in trouble.
Yeah, for sure. Wasn't trying to imply otherwise :)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
And yet, since Jollay, QD and Sleeper were banned, new members have joined, discussion is more active, and we are on-topic with less bickering and negativity? I think any entertainment they provided is out-weighed by the benefits of not having them around.
I have noticed that too.