GMU: Where Construction is Tradition

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
EBA is probably in the best location on campus. If they can find an interior design that works and put enough money into renovations, I say keep it.

Second scenario is build a new arena right next to it.
If we are talking dream world, I say put a new areana as close as possible to the dorms, and put the dining hall in the areana haha. One stop shop.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If we are talking dream world, I say put a new areana as close as possible to the dorms, and put the dining hall in the areana haha. One stop shop.

I think the arena already is as close to the dorms as it can be? The only other place you could put another arena (besides right next to the current one) would be to move it to Lot J, which wouldn't be a bad idea since it would be right across from the RAC and right next to the former Mason Inn. You might be able to get away with that, but it would be a tight squeeze.

Unless you wanted to move it across 123 over where the Field House is as part of an overall athletics center.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I am going a little stir crazy without Mason basketball at the moment. My mind is really wondering which led me thinking about mascots. I started to think if Mason was forced to pick a new mascot, what should they pick.

Originally, I was thinking any Ram predator, so bobcat or coyote.

Then I read this article and realized colleges are really missing the mark. There are so many good animals to choose from.
https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/gallery/best-animals-not-being-used-as-a-sports-mascot-032317

I’m personally a fan of the Blue-footed booby “Not the fiercest animal, but remember your team gets to run on the field in turquoise cleats to the rhythmic chant of “BOOBIES! BOOBIES!” That's a no-brainer.”

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am going a little stir crazy without Mason basketball at the moment. My mind is really wondering which led me thinking about mascots. I started to think if Mason was forced to pick a new mascot, what should they pick.

Originally, I was thinking any Ram predator, so bobcat or coyote.

Then I read this article and realized colleges are really missing the mark. There are so many good animals to choose from.
https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/gallery/best-animals-not-being-used-as-a-sports-mascot-032317

I’m personally a fan of the Blue-footed booby “Not the fiercest animal, but remember your team gets to run on the field in turquoise cleats to the rhythmic chant of “BOOBIES! BOOBIES!” That's a no-brainer.”
What a weird f**king thread to post this in.

couchcoach

Sixth Man
REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ‘TOP SECRET’. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST MILITARY REGIME HERE IN NIGERIA, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 234-1-7740449, YOUR COMPANY’S SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANY’S NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANY’S NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What is going on with locker room, video room renovations? Any photos?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What is going on with locker room, video room renovations? Any photos?

Granted not a great shot but its an extreme close up of one of the chairs

upload_2018-7-18_12-37-55.png

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Also noticed they've been doing roof work at the arena. Flying over it the other day most of the roof is covered up and lots of construction equipment up there.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The winning bid was picked and the winner was notified yesterday. There is still some paperwork the the company needs to submit to Mason, but it looks like they will be able to start soon. The winning bid was just under $700,000 for the project.

Without Gunnie, these boards would just be a bunch of idiots writing bad poetry with user names that have "stank" somewhere in their name.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The winning bid was picked and the winner was notified yesterday. There is still some paperwork the the company needs to submit to Mason, but it looks like they will be able to start soon. The winning bid was just under $700,000 for the project.
This was projected at $1 million right? Hopefully we have some excess funds to roll over to finish the practice facility.