Games 10 - 12: Diamond Head Classic, Dec 22nd through Dec 25th

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I look forward to our 7th place game against them on Christmas
lol. I wouldn't get any hopes up for a G Mas win in that game. Carrera DNP last night. Also, Upstate is better than G Mas anyway.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
If one of our guys quits the team after the game, stays out west to pursue an acting career and winds up banging Tyra Banks, we can say Mason got "Marcaccinied."

I've never heard that he had any acting aspirations. It was my understanding that he had an offer waiting for him from an Italian pro club. As for Tyra, she apparently liked his company's gelato too - see http://www.villadolcegelato.com/.

JBiggs

Starter
So, USC Upstate has now beaten VT in Blacksburg, and USC in Columbia. Maybe we should hire their coach.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So, USC Upstate has now beaten VT in Blacksburg, and USC in Columbia. Maybe we should hire their coach.

Keep in mind, both of these schools are "power" schools in basketball in name only.

And I could only imagine the indignation of hiring yet another failed BCS coach (Oregon State where he went 52-88), but an old one at that (he'll be 63 next year).

PDGL Hoops

Starter
The Christmas spirit has taken hold and I now believe that we will go 3-0 in this tournament and rattle off a 10 game win streak - or maybe that is just the nog talking.....mmmmm.....nog.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have no idea who he is, I was just joking.

I was joking too.

His name is Eddie Payne. He played for Wake Forest 1969-1973 and was actually a former assistant at South Carolina. There's not much out there about him, which is odd since he has been a head coach for East Carolina (when they were in the CAA), Oregon State and now USC Upstate.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
If by some Christmas miracle we beat Iowa State I say we go on a 5+ game winning streak. If we lose, which every indication has us doing, then I predict the opposite, a 5+ game losing streak.

I am not qualified to make said predictions. We'll see what happens.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hewitt hasn't had a streak -- positive or negative -- of 5+ games since he's been here, has he?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hewitt hasn't had a streak -- positive or negative -- of 5+ games since he's been here, has he?

He came close to start the season until the team crapped their collective pants at Iona and then continued to wear those same pants for the next four games. I hope they have now removed them, burned them and gotten new, fresh pants to wear to Hawaii.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
The 16 game winning streak back in '10-'11 was pretty awesome.

That streak came on the heels of back to back road losses @Hofstra and @ODU. Also, that team had the disappointing performance in the Charleston Classic earlier that season losing to NC State and Wofford.

Unfortunately, this years team doesn't seem to have the mental make-up, and probably doesn't have the talent, to put together a streak like we saw in '10-'11. The level of competition is also something to keep in mind.

polepino

Starter
..been starved for GMU hoops, even though we've been playing like some fast food rather than fine dining, go GMU!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

polepino

Starter
Great start 9-9 after first t.o., Wright smacking a shot into the stands on defense! About 15 to go 1st half. C'mon CBI experience !!!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk