Games 10 - 12: Diamond Head Classic, Dec 22nd through Dec 25th

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Caught the end of Hawaii-St.Mary's. I now agree with the 0 for 3ers. The Gaels are better than anybody we've beaten. At least all our losses will be to teams with winning records. Hey, the A10 is full of teams with winning records! It's going to be long year.
I think we're going to see GMU on a lot of A-10 "biggest disappointment of the year" lists.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Caught the end of Hawaii-St.Mary's. I now agree with the 0 for 3ers. The Gaels are better than anybody we've beaten. At least all our losses will be to teams with winning records. Hey, the A10 is full of teams with winning records! It's going to be long year.
I think we're going to see GMU on a lot of A-10 "biggest disappointment of the year" lists.

I'm thinking about writing a "Biggest Disappointment of the Year" list just so I can put this team on it

polepino

Starter
At the beginning of the year I thought we'd at least have a winning record. Now after all these L's I'm thinking we'll be struggling to play .500 ball. Think that's still TOO optomistic?

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
At the beginning of the year I thought we'd at least have a winning record. Now after all these L's I'm thinking we'll be struggling to play .500 ball. Think that's still TOO optomistic?

I definitely didn't. The move to a real basketball conference coupled with some quality non-conference match-ups = a lot of losses.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

RPI forecast (based on Sagarin Predictor values) projects us at 12-17 for the season (12-18 as they don't list today's game with St. Mary's). In fairness, in 3 of the future games we are less than 2 pt underdogs, as opposed to 2 games where we are less than 2 pt favorites --so "struggling to play .500" seems to be a somewhat optimistic forecast but may not be too far off the mark.